2 people are viewing this hotel
US$129
Free cancellation until 23/01/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$129
Free cancellation until 23/01/22
FindHotel
US$95
Hotels.comUS$129
PricelineUS$129
eDreamsUS$129
All reviews front office beach access king bed ocean front hammocks pool microwave privacy florida pros
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 July 2021 via mobile

We have a family of 5. Three kids ages 11, 8, and 5. We booked a suite that is located across the street from the main lobby and it was quiet. The room was amazing. The bedroom had 2 double beds in it. The main living area had 2 pull out couches and a decent size refrigerator. Room was updated nicely and clean. The hotel is walking distance to many restaurants. We really liked eating at Sea Breeze and even seen dolphins swimming in the water.

The beach at this hotel was awesome. They have a deck box full of beach toys for the kids. Floats, boogie boards, sand toys etc... Pool there was also pretty nice with a waterfall. I totally would return here again.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

This is a smaller, older hotel but you can tell it’s been updated and cared for. I consider this hotel a huge bargain for its location. We stayed in the main hotel right on the beach. They rent beach chairs and umbrellas at the office $10 for each item for the length of your stay. The courtyard was nice and you can’t beat the beach access.

The room we had was super clean when we arrived and they cleaned each day. The staff was friendly. I do wish they put a small rug in the entry way to help brush the sand off your feet and maybe a broom in the room to help keep the sand under control.

I would definitely come back here.

Room tip: Overflow parking across the street under the hotel expansion is awesome. Don’t miss the sunsets
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoyMomTex
Reviewed 27 May 2021

The front desk staff during our stay, Karen (not a joke, her name is fittingly Karen), was rude and mean, and when I say mean, literally arguing with me, and treated us not as guests but like trash. I confronted her on why she unfairly told my kids to get off the hammock, she had no real reason, just mentioned another issue dealing with the condos and police next door, that has nothing to do with my kids. She had an attitude the whole time talking to me and I told her we would leave and want a refund, she replied, “whatever you want, lady!” It would be funny if it was a comedy sketch but no that was her actual answer and she just dismissed me. I couldn’t believe someone would treat their customer like that. Another crazy thing is she didn’t even wait for us to leave, she went home! This happened before 9 pm and we rushed and packed up to leave, and this lady was gone before we could even check out that night. This is important to note during your stay. There is no one there at all after 9 pm, no one to even speak with on the phone if anything comes up. We had to book another hotel that night and come back the next day to check out. The lady that morning was actually nice and apologized. She said she couldn’t believe that happened. I didn’t get her name but I felt sorry for her to have to work with people like Karen. She said she would have the manager call me. The manager Karrie, offered 2 options, 1) to refund me half or 2) get 2 free nights. Of course we would not stay there again after that, so I said I would like the half refund, which I felt is still unfair but that was better than nothing. We’re back home now after a week in Florida, luckily our stay at Disney world made it all better for us. To this day, still NO REFUND and no response from management. We just take it as a loss at this point. $315 for one night down the drain. Lesson learned, moving forward, we are not staying at independently owned hotels such as Hotel Sol, there is no accountability here. Staff do as they wish and you’re out your money even if you didn’t stay there! Biggest regret booking here when there are so many other hotels in the area. I would give zero stars if I could!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RKL_T05
Reviewed 4 May 2021

Everything was great except our room location. We had requested a quiet room. When we got there, the room they gave us was next to the street. The lady at the front desk was very understanding and moved us to a room at the other end of the building just steps from the beach. The problem was we could hear every step they were taking in the room above us. This is an older hotel that has been nicely remodeled but there is no insulation between the floors. Other than that, the room and grounds were clean and bright, the beach was great and we enjoyed our stay.

Room tip: Don't get a room with one above it.
Date of stay: April 2021
2  Thank JFSchwarz
Reviewed 4 May 2021

The hotel advertises a quiet, romantic, getaway in luxury boutique hotel... umm NO to all the above.

Cons-
The walls are paper thin, you can hear conversations and TVs easily. Our room was located right across from the entrance to the pool so we had a lot of foot traffic all day, there was NO peace and quiet, definitely not what we’re were looking for on our anniversary trip. When I saw where our room was and how loud it was I went back to the front to ask if we could be placed somewhere else but he said all rooms were booked. After a 9 hour drive and arrangements made for childcare (bringing in my mom from another state), Kids being kids at the pool from 9-9 was not what we wanted to hear all day on the ONE time a year we get to vacation without our kids.
To add to the noise, the doors stuck so bad that you had to use your shoulder to open and close them, making them super loud when they shut. The bed sounded like it was breaking when we sat on it... definitely not romantic! The WiFi never worked, there was no number on the room phone to dial for the front desk or housekeeping, a lack of blackout curtain prevents you from being able to sleep in, and there was no iron in the room.
Keep in mind the only secluded rooms looked to be the handful of oceanfront ones.
There’s really not any places to eat/drink/shop within walking distance (except the doubletree’s restaurant Mangoes and Kenny’s Korner (not on the beach but just a block from it).
There’s a vending machine but no other food, would’ve been nice for them to put out some pastries and juices in the mornings.
Pros-
Housekeeping ladies were very nice and accommodating (we didn’t have them service the room during our stay, so each morning we just exchanged towels at their cart).
The place was clean and updated (aside from the issues with the bed and doors).
The walking distance to the beach was great, will be hard to beat that.
Would be a great place for kids (given they don’t need a quiet place for naps, etc).
Pool nor beach wasn’t overly crowded (even though the hotel was sold out).
Plantation shutters were good for privacy while letting in light (just weren’t good for filtering light in the mornings).
Ample storage in the room and bathroom (we stayed in a queen or king room).
Parking wasn’t an issue, even when we had to use the parking across the street it’s still not a bad walk.

Date of stay: May 2021