“The best restaurant of our stay!”
Review of La Belle Etoile

La Belle Etoile
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Hotel Is Listed But Not The Restaurant Is A Separate Entity
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Since we were staying at the Belle Etoile, we had made a reservation for the restaurant. Little did we know what a treat we were in for. The food was delicious. The sole was my favorite and my husband loved their soup with the egg and mushrooms. I think he had veal. Everything was so good that we made a reservation for a second dinner before we left the area. My appreciation and thanks to the chef and his team. There is an outdoor patio area, and an indoor seating area also.
Give it a try and you wouldn't be disappointed!

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Can only review this restaurant in the most glowing terms: glorious views over the Dordogne, attentive staff, a beautiful indoor restaurant, all shiny glassware and polished silver and the most delicious, carefully presented food. Love, love, loved it! There is also an outdoor terrace for al fresco dining in warmer weather. Food is in the nouvelle cuisine tradition, so portions are delicate rather than elephantine, which suited us fine. Two extra courses featured - salmon/ duck rillettes to accompany our freshly baked bread appetiser, then the most smooth, creamy pumpkin soup after the starter. My Peking lamb main was out of this world accompanied by teeny baked potatoes filled with a herby cream. My desert was a superb rum baba- absolute heaven. This has to be my new favourite restaurant and I will definitely make a point of revisiting when I return to France again.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

We had diner on a Friday night at La Belle Etoile. The dinner was fantastic. The menu is not huge but with elanorate dish. The Egg Cocotte with Crawfish and morel is to die for. The Casi de veau (Veal was the best my wife had ever had. The service is a little slow. One waiter per room is a lot tgo be perfectly efficient. The mirror in the dining room and the clock needs a little dusting.
We wanted to make a reservation for the following Tuesday but everything was already booked. Second part of September in a small village.... I strongly recommend to plan a trip around a reservation at this restaurant
When leaving, the chef came out of his kitchen to greet us and enquire about our experience.
Grest place I did not give a five in may years.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Great spot on the river with a nice view,
Creative , top quality food.
Very tasty!
Exellent service.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Just a wonderful experience. Needs to be booked. High standards in a restaurant overlooking the river. Excellent food in quality and taste. No wonder this is no1 in the area. great for a special occasion