Not sure I get the good reviews here. In fact Santorini as a whole seems to be pretty average in my view compared to Italy or Thailand or other beach places. However this hotel has a few issues which in my view makes the cost of the hotel far too overpriced.
On arrival to the hotel in a beach resort, it would be nice to sit down fill in the forms and have a drink of something after a tedious immigration queue etc on arrival. Instead you stand at the desk and get a pitch on taking a boat cruise etc which is really the last thing you want to be deciding the minute you turn up.
We were shown to the room carrying our bags and the door was opened and the host walked off and left us to it. I know it isn't rocket science to work out a room but usually it's nice to have someone explain how the air con works, shower what's included in mini bar etc
Rooms were basic, air con had only one temperature- 25 degrees or nothing.
Pool we didn't use because we're just had flies landing in us non stop which was so irritating. Basically had to shake your arms and legs about non stop to avoid flies attacking you. Not the hotels fault but meant we couldn't use the pool. We went to the beach.
Breakfast- I just could not face it. Sausages from a tin, over done eggs, flies buzzing about, fake juice, tinned peaches. Just not acceptable in a £200-300 a night hotel. Nothing fake or tinned should be served period. Just had coffees and went outside for lunch. The breakfast experience basically made us not want to eat there for the rest of our stay as we would assume other things are tinned and not fresh.
Woman serving breakfast was pretty grumpy both mornings. We felt like we were intruding taking items at times as she was so focused on cleaning plates and so forth and look exasperated if we took a clean plate.
I would not pay more than £100 per night for this and even that would be pushing it. They could personalise the reception and overhaul the breakfast offerings quite easily. I saw another hotel nearby which looked much nicer and I am annoyed we didn't find that when searching. I'm grateful we are leaving today for another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marillia Village is ideally located just a few meters away from the beautiful beach of Perivolos, right in the heart of entertainment and shopping district. Experience outstanding guest attention from our friendly staff and enjoy our superbly selected rooms and suites with the simplicity of Cycladic décor, styled in Santorini's traditional architecture. With a large swimming pool and a smaller one for children, an all day pool bar and much more, good times and a memorable vacation wait for you. The bright yellow painted walls and our colorful gardens that weave their way through the premises will lift and relax you. If you are looking for a real taste of Santorini, the Marillia Village will charm you with its traditional Aegean look. Breakfast here is a BIG deal, so plan to leave FULL and ready for your day! A provocative range of homemade delicacies, challenge you to start your day with a special breakfast that exude the most seductive flavors and aromas of Greece! The breakfast room serves a rich buffet each morning, with homemade cooking under the flowering bougainvilleas. Come to Marillia Village and feel like home! After all, it is all about the experience... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marillia Village Apartments & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marillia Village Apartments Hotel Perivolos
- Marillia Village Apartments And Suites
- Marillia Village Apartments Perivolos