Bella Santorini(Perivolos)
US$206
US$169
US$501
Honeymoon Beach Apartments(Perivolos)(Great Value!)
US$131
TripAdvisor
Santorini Breeze(Perivolos)
US$810
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate beachpool barwalking distancefillet steakblack sandsbody wash shampoorestaurants and barsgrilled tomatothe busbeach frontbreakfast was includedyogurtstunning hotelmodern facilitiessun beds are freebuffet stylecommon areas
Reviewed 4 January 2018

My husband and I came here for my 30th birthday in Sept.The hotel and rooms are very clean, and well looked after.

Sun lounges are plenty, even when we came to the pool in the afternoon yu can always find somewhere to lounge.

We wanted to hire some transport to go to Oia and go explore and the gentleman at the reception (I cant remember his name) really helped us decide on what transport to rent and for how long. We rented a car for 1.5 days and a quad bike for the rest of the time.

Overall, I would love to go back!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Hotel is located in Perivolos, I was skeptical about the location but it was great. You need to hire a vehicle for sure though. It is walking distance to Kamari beach ( Black Beach ), which is great to Swim, lot of sunbeds, lively & great choices of restaurants.

Hotel is Basic, rooms are clean but not luxurious. I stayed here for 3 days, had no complaints but no WOW factor as well.

I arrived around 08:30 am but had to wait till 14:00 hrs to get a room but while We waited they offered us complimentary Breakfast for that morning. We had booked 3 months in advance with a request that We are celebrating our anniversary but was offered twin beds, so had to wait another 15 minutes after 5 Hours wait at the reception while they placed a thin double mattress & joined the bed.

Bath amenities were average, I felt like same product was put in different bottle as Body wash & Shampoo. No electric kettle provided in the room. TV channels are poor everywhere in Greece ( can't blame them much ), had only 1 English News channel.

Breakfast as suggested in other reviews is repetitive, We had same fruits, juices, breads, cold cuts, boiled eggs and everything. if You are vegetarian, You better load up on fruits & breads, Grilled tomatoes did not entice me.

Pool is nice, big & salt water. There were 2 pools, great in size & depth. I always found sun beds when ever I went, no issues there. No Lifeguard on pools though.
Bar at the pool was good, economical & good liquor choices.

Staff at reception & Restaurant was polite & smiling. One of the girl was always smiling, helpful ( forgot her name ) & very pretty ;)
Staff helped us to get Two Wheeler & ATV, who were good in prices & professional.

I would recommend Santo Miramare to everyone as no fault but do not keep high expectation.

No frills resort.

Room Tip: Room with Resort or Ocean View. 1st Floor rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kamra-G
Reviewed 20 October 2017

It was such a solace to find that upon arrival in Santorini, we were staying in kinda secluded “Perivolos Beach” at Santo Miramare Luxury Resort located right on the gorgeous Black sand beach. What a delight after the “hustle and bustle of Athens busy city/tourist life and traffic congestion. I will not lie, I loved EVERY bit of my wonderful “Greek Excursion” with the Temple of the God of Poseidon being among my favorite!! After all, I may now tell my Momi that I visited the exact place where the 1960s “Jason and the Argonauts” fighting skeletons scene was filmed!! To say nothing of the earlier downtown Athens with the awesome Acropolis sites and newly finished Museum (incredible you can look down in between your feet through glass exhibit and see an actual street dating back centuries!) Note to self: maybe next time do NOT do both tours on the same day!

And to add more delight to this, we went back whining down the cliffside to a gorgeous sunset against the breathtaking open sea! That was such a surprise tour (ok, yes, it was hours long but I gathered by the end of my 10 day visit that “that’s what it is in Greece!). One simply cannot put into words how it feels to step onto the same soil that the Goddess Athena was formulated upon - 2 temples erected to her in Sounias, just below that of Poseidon’s!

Anyway, I diverse, back to Santorini and how beyond happy we were to find ourselves on this lazy strip of black sand with its many cafes, restaurants, lounges and beauty within walking distance (away from popular OIA). Our suite had two balconies both overlooking several pools and views peeking over palm trees along the Aegean Sea.

We enjoyed our favorite Café Terra Nera, the most; during our short stay there. Literally, we could jump out of bed and land there if we wanted to! Home cooking, it felt “family” owned, everyone was attentive and friendly (not always the case during our Greece adventure). I had a craving for spaghetti Bolognese - Perfection - they killed it (yes, you wait - everything is freshly prepared)…so yummy! On this diversified menu you MUST order “black forest waffle” light and airy with fresh strawberries and a ton of thick fudge chocolate and sprinkles dripping with tiny sour cherries - my daughter shared it with me; thought I would pass on dessert!

Next time, we were famished from walking Fhra tour which was breathtaking, just like in the movies! (TIP: be mindful of time it takes to get to places especially when on a tour bus which often needs to pull aside to let other traffic pass through very narrow roads) - full of shops, pubs (serving Red Donkey beer – brewed locally) cafes, all along the gorgeous cliff side with its imposing white domes and overlooking the edge of this incredible volcanic spectacle. Definitely stop for lunch before the “souvenir shops” take all your energy (we ate yummy shrimp risotto at DaCosta !

So upon returning to our sanctuary and having a swim in the incredible velvety waters of this perfect sea (yes, that was just one ½ day so far) surrounded by black soft sand, I ate a cheese burger…it was so fresh, great beef, perfectly prepared with love. My Momi would have eaten it, and appreciated the home made perfection of it.

Next time we went, my daughter had missed breakfast at the hotel, so we scurried down to our “trusty” eatery once again; she had Penne carbonera, again, so fresh and creamy (she did wait and was nervous as our Ferry pick-up was getting very close). But no worries for she had time for a final dip in those paradise waters as I finished up my Huge Pint of Beer - “Mythos’ , kinda reminded me when I was a kid of my Abuelo drank Budweiser or Miller – the smell and the very light taste. All the while engaged in
wonderful conversation with a lovely lady from Athens who was on vacation and shared a wealth of information about those islands with me (like how we picked the Most Perfect time to come (12-21Sept via TK Air-Fantastic experience btw)!!

Apparently some August climate is SO windy that the black sands on the beach and every other particle around Santorini whips up and smacks you in the face - not a good holiday for anyone (hope my Doc. Isn’t caught in this, he arrived there yesterday)! She says most Greeks and others in Europe take their vacation during the time of our trip - so ideally the first 3 weeks or so of September. I did notice many families on that side, from all over Europe - I noticed accents from Spain, Norway, Germany, England, and others with many little ones, toddlers, kids - so definitely a place to take “family vacations”.

IF you are in the mood to travel that far from USA (9 hours + flight); and keep in mind that it is NOT so easy once you are there as well - everything takes a long time: Ferry rides take a while between Islands - Mykonos to Santorini _4 hours approx. Departing Santorini to Athens (5 islands stop and some choppy whether ) at 2:30p arrived almost 10p !! Only to run the next day (we were part of 20 sprinting for our JFK flight) through the enormous and crowded, albeit FUN, Istanbul Airport or miss our flight back home.

But with stamina, Vitamin C (I left my voice in Mykonos and as I write this back home from Sunnyside, NY, I STILL DON’T have my voice back!!!); and a lot of heart, you will experience a delightful, memorable treat which will stay in your heart as it is in mine and my 19year old daughter’s (who was so excited and in love with this journey).

HAPPY TRAILS U’ALL!!!!!

Room Tip: We got UPGRADED TO FAMILY suite - BEST view in the "House" !!!! SO spacious and Special with its two balconies!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ivetteaviles345
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Absolutely impressed by this hotel! Nice, clean rooms, good breakfast, great location but most impressive for us was the staff! Such a great stay because of the staff, most of them from Albania! Thank you very much for a great summer holiday especially to Yannis, a real professional looking well after his customers! Well done guys!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ivanacos
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Loved every minute of staying here. Right on the black beach with their own loungers and towels. Upon arrival the reception desk informed us because we were on our honey moon they upgraded us to a honeymoon sweet with an ocean view. Very clean hotel and a little slice of heaven. The breakfast was amazing also

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple