“Can't get any worse. :)”
Review of Barbatoja

Barbatoja
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Fetovaia
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

First, it must be said that it isn't an easy task to cater for groups of nearly 30 people. I get that. However, certain things are simply unacceptable.

1. Making costumers wait +2 hours for their pizza.
2. Shouting at costumers, claiming to be a 'professional' while proving anything but that.
3. 'Serving' pizza (random ones, which have not been ordered) in take-away boxes by unceremoniously dropping them into the table. A 'gift', they were called, albeit being put on the bill.
4. Waiting said +2 hours for our pizza, only to have people walk in and collect their take-away pizza orders throughout the night.

I won't get started on the smaller details (like wrong cutlery being placed or no salt, pepper and oil being present - at all).

All in all, a terrible experience.

My suggestion would be to go to the nearest town (5 minutes by car, to the North-West), Pomonte, where a lovely pizzeria called Sophie can be found. Great pizza and great service.

Ristorante B, Proprietario at Barbatoja, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Robin,

I am afraid you are not referring to our restaurant. I simply cannot match anything you write with anything I have seen. Literally,I cannot make sense of the allegations you are making and the fact that this is your first review makes me question the truth in them.

I hope whoever is reading will not be prevented by you from trying our quality first hand.

Best,

The Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Do try this place for an experience you can never forget. (Although you really want to)
Waiters demanding your orders expecting you to be a clairvoyance without handling over any menu.
Train your patience where they take forever (3 hours) to prepare your food, if you are lucky enough to get it. Most claim that they are still waiting to this day.
Have a taste of frustration and confusion when you have been charge an exorbitant amount for imaginary items that you had never set sights on.
Finally, get a feel of liberation as you stomp out of the place, never ever looking back.

Only good thing was how every single shop in fetovaia strongly recommending you to avoid this restaurant like plague and tell you to walk to the pizzaria at the next village if you need food in the evening. And trust me, it is worth the hike.

1  Thank WenJie S
Ristorante B, Direttore generale at Barbatoja, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear WenJie,

We certainly do hand over the menu' when costumers enter our restaurant, as anyone would do. Rarely the wait is more than 20 minutes, despite our cousine being sophisticated. Furthermore, as anyone can see we had good reviews last year and the direction has not changed, hence I don't see what is the bad reputation you are referring to. I can only encourage our dear costumers to openly talk to us in the unfortunate case in which an issue might arise. We are fully available to make amend and make your experience the best possible.

Best,

The Manager

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

I am italian and have been visiting Elba for many years. I had the best "lnguine" of my life! Also "schiaccia briaca" dessert, typical of Elba, was delicious. A bit expensive, but nice place and good staff.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

if you book the beach (the best sandy beach at elba), the parking is guaranteed.
if you book the beach, you have 10% discount at the restaurant.
that said, the restaurant is just 50mt from the beach. the location is nice and cousey.
the food is fresh and well cooked. the cook is very professional and friendly.
the quality and menu are excellent. the service needs some improvements but they do their best to satisfy clients. we were 14 people and we are demanding.
the price is really fair.
highly reccommended.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Great food and service, best place to eat in Fetovaia. Try the burrata with fish appetizer, simply amazing.