“An almost hidden treasure”

Trattoria degli Angeli
Price range: US$19 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Intimate and welcoming, this is the Trattoria degli Angeli. Managed by Fraschetti Family, specialized in hotels and restaurant management since 30 years, you will taste specialties of Umbria and elsewhere, accompanied by an accurate selection of regional wines and sparkling wine.
Reviewed 19 August 2015

What is the difference between Excellent and very-good?
It is a fine line, but if I tell more than 5 people about my last lunch, I would label it Excellent and I dis tell about it to over a dozen people so far.
I'm visiting this trattoria for quite some time now, and I keep going back.... actually, I'm looking forward to go back already!
Go for a risotto, any one and you will never be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 May 2015

As we did have a gluten intolerant traveller this place went out of their way to make our experience one of the best we had in Italy. Busy Sunday but nothing to much trouble and with the staff translating for us made our choices easier

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were tired from our visit to the Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels and saw the sign. There is indoor and outdoor seating. Lovely decor, friendly staff and great pasta! Good portion sizes. Of course we had wine and dessert - tiramisu! YUM! Lucky to get parking out front, but you can park near the Basilica too and walk across the street.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband & I stumbled upon this small, delightful restaurant quite by accident. We had assumed its location near the Cathedral would mean mediocre food -- we were soooo wrong!! Andrea, the chef, uses only the freshest ingredients preparing gourmet delights, pleasing to both the palate and the eye. His wife Lame warmly welcomes each guest and her service in the dining room is top rate. We have returned on many occasions and have never been disappointed. With a good wine selection and Lame being so knowledgeable, we now merely allow her to choose, always to our delight. From the fresco above to each detail on the table, the dining room provides warm surroundings for a scrumptious meal. (You can also dine alfresco.) Don't miss this one, it's great!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

My family of 4 (including an infant & a toddler) enjoyed a great lunch here. Lemi(sp?), our hostess, was very welcoming, friendly and understood our needs regarding the young kids. She immediately brought out a high chair, got the kids' food prepared first, and she offered to split their food between 2 plates. Simply put: she was all over it!
The food was great, from the appetizer of local meats and cheese, to our mains, including a delicious ravioli with truffles, and even the kids' pasta with sauce was good.
The trattoria is located near the amazing church and (since we sat outside) we could see the amazing copula reflected in the window.
We will definitely plan on eating here again next time we visit the Assis area, wnd highly recommend this Trattoria.
1 word of caution: we ate outside, and cars drive by - we had to keep a close eye on our wondering toddler.

2  Thank besttom