“Not what we had expected..”
Review of Testone

Testone
Reviewed 28 July 2017

First of all we were slightly disappointed with the location as it was located in somewhat of an industrial area. Secondly when we arrived it seemed like the kitchen was not open even though they announce it is open from 11-23. I had ordered a burger with fried potatoes but in the end got a plate with a piece of meat, 3 slices of bread and some weird fried vegetables. I had then mentioned this to the waitress but had to wait quite a while for the potatoes while the meat was getting cold. Overall we were not really pleased with the restaurant. It is good for a quick in between stop but thats also where it ends.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We had been told that in Perugia one must eat a Torta al Testo and we came across this restaurant, which consists of a bar area and tables in the square outside. We sat at a table and waited a while for service. Eventually we were noticed and given a huge paper menu to choose from. We were asked if we spoke Italian and said no. The waiter disappeared for a while, but he sent out an English speaker who explained the system and menu. We had to go to the bar to order, but the food and drink came promptly after that. We were very impressed with our torta, which was a sort of pizza sandwich - the one we chose had sausage and spinach inside it and was very substantial! There was lots of choice of fillings. They cost 5 euros each and that included a choice of drink - beer, wine, soft drink or water. Excellent value and lovely food.

2  Thank jilly042
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Judging by the number of people we saw sitting at this place every night, we decided to go in for dinner. It turned out to be the worse spent money of our stay in Umbria so far.

They didn't have half of the vegetable side dishes on the menu we wanted and when our food finally came it was totally ruined.
The burgers were burnt completely black on one side and the grilled chicken fillet was dry and completely tasteless.

We will never eat here again.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

We were late for lunch and I asked receptionist at our hotel for recommendation where to eat at that hour. She gave us directions for this restaurant and I am glad I've listened. It does not look like other classical Italian restaurants nearby, it resembles more like a fast food restaurant with "Italian touch" to me. Despite that, food was amazing and not expensive at all. Definitive pick are torte (that is how they call it) which are more like a pizza bread filled with all different sorts of salads, cheeses and prosciutto. Really nice and tasty.

2  Thank Srdjan S
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

My first visit to Testone it was impromptu and also late...oh my goodness what a revelation. There was a relax ambience about the place so we instantly felt at ease. The staff were pleasant and after a while a nice young man from behind the bar explained we needed to go there to place our order. The 'Torta' where do I start... I had no idea what a taste sensation on a plate I would be getting we chose sausage and greens and another with prosciutto....divine pleasure on a plate! From the bbq a mixed grill which consisted of potato, huge pork chop, lamb chop and sausage...before I'd even put the food in my mouth I knew it was going to be delicious. We chose a local wine Montefalco a perfect accompaniment. A fantastic night. My only recommendation is that the young lady who eventually brought our menu initially could have been attentive and should have pulled herself away from the two customers she chatted to all night we had to ask for cutlery and plates but it didn't spoil our night. I can't wait to return, fortunately for my waistline it'll be a while until my return - Fabulous find I can't recommend highly enough....what are you waiting for...?!

1  Thank Susan C