“Beer Festival........with Gin!! ”
Review of Harrington Arms

Harrington Arms
Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Long Eaton
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

So, we came back for the 18th beer festival and discovered the Gin tent!! What a brilliant idea. Blessed with better weather this year, we had a great time supping the ales before heading towards the gins (all well garnished and over ice in a gin balloon). Live music was excellent starting with Sugar Tree Band (my favourite) and followed by some very familiar 80's sounds which got quite a few to their feet dancing in the sunshine. All in all, a fab afternoon. Staff really good again. Only let down was the hog roast from an external supplier. Meat was tasteless, crackling was rubbery and they charged too much for such poor product. Lesson learned.....I'll stick with a burger next year. Beer and Gin Festival was great though......really great.

nicnic19, Manager at Harrington Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for your great review - it's great to hear you enjoyed our beer festival, and our gins! We look forward to seeing you next year at our 19th Beer Festival - hopefully with the good weather again too!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Ate here before and food very nice, but mixed feeling this time. I had rump steak which was very nice and cooked well, but my wife's meal was awful, she had the new gammon off the menu, it was a lot smaller than before and over cooked. It came with a slice of pineapple which was burnt on one side and basically a boiled egg with a bit of coating on it. It was awful. My mum had the hunters chicken which was basically half an overcooked chicken breast, with hard inedible bacon on it . My dad had a ribeye steak which was ok but the experience has put us off going again.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I apologise that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. If you would like us to contact you regarding your experience, then please email your contact details to 4730@greeneking.co.uk and we will be in touch.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Food was lovely staff very helpfull.
Found us a table even though we didn't book before going. Was very busy but we only had to wait 15 minutes.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely review - we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Visited today for a Sunday roast dinner and I have to say the food was shocking. Im surprised we didn't hear the microwave PING.. refused to pay as all meals went back. I wouldn't have fed my dogs with those meals. They were vile and a 1 star is too good. Visit the Harrington Arms Thulston if u want a proper home cooked Sunday roast.

2  Thank bec292929
nicnic19, Manager at Harrington Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review - I apologise that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. We value all feedback, and if you would like me to contact you regarding your visit, please email your contact details to 4730@greeneking.co.uk.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

4 of us ate here on recent visit, and had mixed fortunes I had a mixed grill and when it eventually arrived it was tepid at best and the steak was terrible, but 2 had the fish and chips and were happy with what they received the fish was large and hot but chips were not great but ok. But the lasagne the 4 person had was awful,wet runny and tasteless and they sent It back and ended up just eating garlic bread!
The waitress wasn't overly impressed when we told her about the issues but did discount the meal! But certainly won't be rushing back.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review - I apologise that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. I would like to look into this further - should you wish for me to contact you regarding your experience, please email your contact details to 4730@greeneking.co.uk.