“Fresh food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Hall's Patisserie
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good choices for a takeaway lunch or sit outside. Very fresh rolls and sandwiches made to order with hot or cold fillings. Fresh loaves of bread and a wonderfully tempting cake selection. Very helpful and efficient staff.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (26)

Reviewed 13 March 2020 via mobile

Snotty to the max! We simply bought packages of crisps (chips to us Americans) with the intent of returning for her tasty looking desert offerings after finishing our sandwiches we purchased across the street at Crusty’s (which we loved). We then proceeded to sit outside at the open air tables, in a light drizzle I might add, when outcomes the snotty shop keeper lady who proceeded to tell us we could not sit there... Good grief.. I gave my justification as a customer of hers but she would have none of it. I think if she would of had a broom she would of swatted us and our sandwiches away with it. So I would like to urge all who dare to buy tasty sandwiches at Crusty’s and conduct a sit in across the street at Hall’s. Maybe you can find the price point at Hall’s where you can be allowed to sit at the outside tables. Let me know what it is! Ha

Date of visit: March 2020
2  Thank ajdelap
Ricky H, General Manager at Hall's Patisserie, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2021

We’re very, very sorry to hear about your experience of buying goods from another establishment to sit at our tables outside our shop.
We try to cater for and encourage everyone shopping in the village to eat with us, just in case ya’ll might wanna grab a desert! We even serve free water and ice to accompany said goods.
We will get more tables. And the snotty shop keeper has been identified and fired. We always thought she was crazy!!
Thanks again for taking the time out to write your review. Hopefully you’ll return one day soon and we will be far better prepared for your “chips” and sandwich picnic tables.
Ricky Hall.

Reviewed 11 September 2019

I entered the shop and was the only customer waiting to be served. Both the young girls at the back of the shop ignored me and continued preparing food. I waited patiently then one of the girls came over to the cake/bread section where I was still waiting and continued to ignore me. It was only when an older lady from the back of the shop entered the shop that any one actually acknowledged me and started to serve me. No apology and no friendliness even though I continued to be friendly and polite. I won't be going back again.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 11 September 2019

I have been here a few times recently. The staff are very nice and they serve good coffee and cakes and some hot food as well.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 26 June 2019

this is one of the best bakeries in the area bread and cakes excellent sandwiches A1 sausage and bacon rolls fantastic staff well turned out and very friendly and helpful a great place for a snack

Date of visit: June 2019