“Decent Indian Takeaway...”

Indian
Ranked #119 of 187 Restaurants in Hitchin
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 27 April 2016

I ordered from here for the first time last week after seeing the owner being interviewed on Hitchin TV and was initially happy that they agreed to deliver to the Old Town in Stevenage and secondly that it was as good or better than any we've tried in the last couple of years more locally.

If I'm honest I was expecting less High Street options and more authentic Indian dishes but nevertheless the food we received - two mains and two sides were of good quality and highly spiced. They even knocked up a dish for me that wasn't on the menu (garlic chilli chicken).

If they're happy to deliver so far, we'll definitely try them again - looking forward to some alternative dishes on the menu as well.

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a lovely takeaway twice from here and we love it sooo good. We had the chicken jalfrezi it was nice and spicy much better than other places I have tried. Definitely will be ordering from here again.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

Imagine....... Average Korma, Average Tikka, Rice.... just rice, Peshwari nan with 99.9% nan 0.001% Peshwari and Shami kebab with no taste ! well that's what we got last week from a different take away but this order could not have been more different and it just goes to show that a change is as good as a rest !, Ordered online and estimated time was 45 minutes, it arrived in 40 mins ... Tick . The food looked good and hot. Tick Tick. And the taste was 5* fantastic. Tick Tick Tick. Korma's lamb and chicken were flavourful and creamy, the rice was good, Sag aloo terrific, Shami kebabs best I have tasted, Garlic and Chilli mushrooms just right, BUT the Peshwari Nan was top notch with lots of filling. All in all a wonderful experience that we will be repeating again and again.

Reviewed 21 December 2015

Ordered our first take away from here on Saturday night, and it definitely won't be the last. Arrived within the time stated. Free poppadoms included. Chicken was beautifully tender, Balti very tasty, and naan very light and fresh.

2  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

It's not the first time I've used this takeaway and I've always found the food particularly good and service excellent. Tonight though I tried a new dish and it was excellent; even better than the usual! The Murgh Massala was exceptional. The taste was delightful and an explosion of tastes. It arrived, as always, hot and quickly. Would highly recommend this takeaway!