Casa Pan de Miel
Posada Olivo(Mazunte)
  • Beachfront
Los Jacalitos(Mazunte)
  • Pool
All reviewsinfinity poolthe ownersan agustinilloour honeymoonthe cliffdelicious breakfasta real gempacific coastgorgeous beacheasy access to the beachbreakfasts and lunchesamazing daysocean viewwonderful placerooms are comfortablestone stepsboutique hotel
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Casa Pan de Miel is definetely the best place to stay in the area of Mazunte, if you want to have a high quality service with an amazing view, close to the beach and don't pay a huge fortune for it.
The breakfast in very good, next to the infinity pool, which is the best possible way to start the day.
Mariana, the manager is incredibly nice and gives you great advices on where to go and spend your time in the area, and follow her restaurant tips!
The restaurant has a 24hr security which really makes you feel safe.
The rooms are very clean and nice, sober, but fully equiped.
The wifi is not amazing, but it still allows you to check your email daily.
I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: go for room 1
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I spent 6 nights at Casa Pan de Miel, and I have to say, it was one of the best vacations I have ever had (and I've done a LOT of traveling). The hotel is beautifully situated on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, with lovely rooms (each with a private terrace), a relaxing open air dining area, and a tranquil reflection pool which also looks out over the ocean. The hotel is small, so the all guests receive a lot of individualized attention. Indeed, Marianna was amazing, and the owner, Anne, is also lovely. I felt like my every desire was fulfilled quickly and with a smile. There is also easy access to the beach below, via stairs. The area is full of things to do, with nearby wild beaches, sea and mountain tours, and many local restaurants. However, as it was a vacation, my friend and I chose to spend most of our time relaxing by the water (and we each got massages at the hotel, which were all wonderful). I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat. It is an incredible place. A real gem!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank shoshanafink
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We want to thanks Anne, Mariana, Robert, Jan and all the staff for the pleasant days that my wife and I spent again with them. As always the place, the food, the view and your care were excelent. W'll see you all soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eduardo S
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Casa pan de Miel is all that others have said about it. Marianna is amazing, so accomodating and wonderful. The room is terrific, view is great, and food is delicious. It is so romantic! We enjoyed the ppos and the beach, sinrise and sunset. Much to do in the region, be sure to check out Daniel and Janet at Olaverde expeditions, see their website at olaverdeexpediciones.com.mx The food is also delicious and the area is totally safe day and night. Other guests were friendly. The massage was incredible that we booked through Marianna. We will be back! Thanks to all of you at the Casa for making our vacation the best ever! Anne.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms, because the open living room is beautiful to spend time within.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2011

There's a reason why this hotel is the highest rated place to stay in the area. My wife and I recently stayed here for 8 nights and found it to be the most relaxing part of our trip. The views are incredible, the rooms very comfortable and breakfasts delicious. The beach and Mazunte are a quick walk from the hotel. Anne, Mariana and the rest of the staff were always friendly and helpful. During our stay one of the other guests had an accident in the evening and had to go to the hospital in Pochutla. Mariana and Anne were so concerned about this guest that Mariana went to the hospital with a spare cell phone and extra cash to make sure everything went okay. I'm not sure you would find this level of concern from many other hotels. There's no question where we will stay when we return to the coast of Oaxaca!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple