All reviews san augustinillo shared kitchen meditation retreat easy access gorgeous views oaxacan coast rose yoga tranquility fans
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Posada AriGalan is the perfect place to relax, to catch up on your reading, to watch not only the sunrise but also the sunset and to be in short walking distance to the beach, and grocery stores. Rose and the staff go out of their way to make sure you have a pleasant stay. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. This was my second time staying at this hotel and it definitely won't be my last!! I highly recommend this hotel if your thinking about chilling in the great little town of Mazunte.

Room Tip: Lots of choices depending the budget you are on, but you can't go wrong no matter what type of accommodation you choose!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We have had the pleasure of staying at Posada Arigalan for the past two years. It is an incredible place. We have gone to Huatulco for the winters, the past 6 years. This time we wanted something different but in the same area. A friend recommended Arigalan and introduced us to Rose. I have found my little piece of paradise, with a view that doesn`t quit. Rose is so welcoming to her guests and so giving. She arranged a superbowl party and set up a projector on this massive wall and got cable so my husband wouldn`t miss it. The guests became fast friends with dinner parties to boot.
If you love to watch the most beautiful sunsets and sunrises and want a quiet vacation away from the tourist traps, this is the place. Mazunte is a quaint Mexican town with beautiful beaches and great restaurants. For a real experience and to meet the locals, hop on a collectivo to get anywhere in the area. Hope to see you all there. Liz

Room Tip: Every room has a view and the cabanas are small and quaint but if you don`t mind being close it is a great deal. Yoga is everywhere.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spiritedyoga
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I was thinking about doing a yoga course at Agama Yoga in Mazunte and was checking out options when the manager at Agama Yoga suggested staying at Posada Arigalan. I checked out the reviews for Arigalan on Trip Advisor and then contacted the hotel by email. The owner, Rose, responded right away and when she learned I would be there 6 weeks or longer gave me a discount off the already reasonable prices. She arranged for a taxi to meet me at airport which saved me some pesos as well as any relieving any anxiety about finding the hotel as evening set in.

I was able to try a couple of rooms and they were both excellent. Possibly some of the best sleeps of my 6 months in Mexico as the rooms are super quiet and dark, the bedding and pillows were comfortable and there was absolutely no smell of mildew. The friendly staff do a great job of keeping the place spotless and will try their best to help you with any requests.

There is a steep set of stairs to the beach where you can swim, sun and find lots of variety in restaurants. Going the other direction, down the road to Mazunte, you will find a fruit store/juice bar with pretty much everything available. Posada Arigalan has a shared outdoor kitchen (beautiful views) and a fridge where you can prepare and store your fruit, yogurt,etc.

If you are doing Agama yoga courses this is the best place to stay. The rooms are literally 1 minute walk from the Agama yoga property. This allows you to go to your room between classes or on short breaks and also allows you to prepare and eat your own food rather than eat at the school or out all the time. If you are doing a silent retreat the staff underatand and are respectful of your non-communication.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I cannot recommend this posada more. Rose, the owner, is an absolute delight, and her staff are a lovely reflection of her hospitality. I was fortunate enough to occupy one of her quaint cabanas for a month whilst I studied with Agama yoga a mere 2 minutes away. Waking up every morning with the gorgeous white sandy beach and panoramic views was only bested by being lulled to sleep every night by the sound of the waves crashing on the cliffs below. The authentic and rustic town of Mazunte is only a short stroll away, as are the gorgeous beaches of San Agustinillo. All in all I treasured my stay here and honestly look forward to my next vacation here!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Grace R
Reviewed 22 May 2011

This beautiful & welcoming hotel is situated up the bluff from two beaches, and therefore has terrific views and gets nice breezes from the ocean. Several options for rooms, we splurged for the suite which has a plunge pool - basically a 'cold tub' on your private patio where you can cool off. Superb for this time of year when it's warm. Rose, the host, is great and gives good recommendations for whatever you want to do. Fun, relaxing, easy access to great beaches. There are several 'miradors' on the property where you can get different vistas if you get bored with the beautiful view from your patio...highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple