All reviews san augustinillo shared kitchen meditation retreat easy access gorgeous views beautiful hotel oaxacan coast rose yoga ocean kindness surf tranquility fans
Reviewed 29 January 2018

We spent a week at Hotel Arigalan and were very sad to leave. Rose is warm and helpful and her staff keep the rooms and communal areas beautifully clean. The hotel offers affordable, comfortable and clean accommodation. It is on a hill between San Augustillo and Mazunte, which is great, because you get a cooling breeze for your siesta and you can choose between two stunning beaches. I would highly recommend both the hotel and the area.

Room Tip: views from all the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Had a great week plus here, staff were always helpful and rooms clean and comfortable, also has access to mazunte and San augustinilllo which is great so you can choose the quiet or louder town, was sad to leave

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I spent 10 days in the daek room that the Arigalan Hotel offers for spiritual seekers. Rose, the owner, was extremely friendly feom the first moment we met. She let me cisit the room a couple of times before my retreat and get adjusted to it. The room is quiet and the service from the hotel excellent. On my request I was given 1 vegetarian meal per day. The food was extremely delicious and made my day :)

The room itself has everything need for a dark room retreat (shower, WC, AC, fan, a comfortable bed and space to practice yoga and meditate. It is also located just next to Hridaya Yoga.

My experience was fantastic and I hope so will be yours.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Deniss1058
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Being situated on a hill, Hotel Arigalan offers amazing views of the Pacific ocean. It features rooms with a/c or just fan and private suites. And it doesn‘t actually matter which room you book because the view is likewise stunning from each of them.
The hotel is a 20 minutes walk from Mazunte‘s main touristic road and the beach. It is located just next to Hridaya Yoga Center, thus very convenient if you are participating in a course there. The location is very quiet.
There is a small pool which you will be happy to jump in during the very humid season in Mazunte.
The terrace is a great place to unwind with chairs and a hammock.

Rose, the owner, is a lovely and charming person. She and her stuff took lovingly care of me when I fell sick for a couple of days. All stuff were very friendly and professional.

The WiFi was rather slow. And the water pressure in the shower was sometimes low but no big deal.

I would definitely recommend staying there!

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank antlitz
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I am so glad I found this gem of a hotel!!! Rose, the owner is very kind, graceful and helpful with all your needs. The staff is kind as well and do a great job at making you feel comfortable. Rooms are super clean and again super comfortable! Taxis are called with ease which was very helpful to me who was new to the area and traveling alone.
The Hridaya Yoga and Retreat Center is next door and it took me 3 minutes to walk there for daily classes. There is a small pool on site as well, perfect for a quick dip. I loved that the rooms had air conditioner! It cooled very quickly. And refrigerators too.
I look forward to going back again!! Thank you Rose!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo