Hotel Chez Juju
Aurocher(Oukaimeden)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

One of the few decent restaurant in the resort.
Great French food almost like home.
On a sunny and warm day: nice terrace and great view on the mountain...
The staff are quite friendly and fairly priced.
It seems that the owner tho is not very friendly and social...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Spent one night in April and found it a clean and comfortable hotel. This hotel does not try to be more than a night in a small town. We had both dinner and breakfast in the hotel and they were good.

If your up in the mountains to ski or hike this place will fill the bill.

Room Tip: Front rooms have mountain views
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2017

We arrived on a birdwatching trip in late April 2017. The only places open at all were this hotel and its restaurant, so we had no choice. I expect in the ski season there is more going on, but cannot be sure - several of the larger condos appeared to be long-term closed. Anyway, the hotel is rustic - meaning very basic. Our small room had no heat until we convinced the manager to turn it on via radiator (it was about 45 F outside). Our room had an attached bathroom / shower, separated from the main room by only a shower curtain - not good for any privacy. There are also toilets and showers in a common area in the hall. Room was small but comfortable. Food was average - we got what they had, basically. There was WiFi but only in one spot near the front door. So, no fundamental complaints (except the hassle to get heat) but nothing to recommend the place either; if you go here in April it may be your only choice.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed sitting in this warm, cosy and stylish restaurant today. We enjoyed some nice coffee and food which was reasonably priced. Staff were great too! We decided to sit in the lounge section which had lots of sofas and heaters which was ideal in this weather. Loved the quirky design features!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

It's the last "hotel" in Oukaimden. All hotels and chalets closed for the ski station doesn't offer much.

When I stopped at this hotel to check the place, rates and services, I felt like I entered "Hotel California" ;-) There was a weird mood overwhelming the place. There's no reception; just a lobby to the right after the main gloomy entrances, and a tiny bar/restaurant on the left. After talking to the barista who was a waiter and receptionist and something else too, some kind of a jack of all trades, I was given a hand-written brochure/menu on which I could see steep prices that range from 70€ to 140€ per night excluding breakfast. The latter cost 6.5€ per person. On the brochure I could see that chèques and credit cards are not accepted knowing that the nearest place to get cash from is 50km away.

Without any further hesitation, I left the place ASAP and went down to a nice restaurant in Ourika, La Muraille d'Ourika. My family and I had a nice meal by a fire place while taking advantage from a panoramic view of the valley succumbing under sky rainy cats and dogs. Rays of the sun punctuated the scene inviting some hazy rainbows for a couple of time.

Later we hit the road to Marrakech for the rest of the day.

In a nutshell, "Chez Juju" is a place I wouldn't recommend. Skiing is a lot of fun in Oukaimden. However, if you're looking to spend the night there, look for a different place.

Stayed: December 2016