Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages
Mountain View Motel(Barry's Bay)(Great Value!)
US$74
  • Room Service
Nomi Resort(Harcourt)
Pinewood Inn(Barry's Bay)
  • Restaurant
Little Hawk Resort & Marina(Algonquin Highlands)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsevery morningyogurtscreened in porchboiled eggsthe perfect hosta wonderful staymy husband and ifluffy pillowsthis place is a gemannual visitwealth of informationgenerous breakfastbeautiful breakfastquiet sidemuskoka chairsenjoying the viewwonderful hospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have spent time at Hay Lake Lodge at least once a year for the past three or so years and it is always a pleasure. Erin greets you like a friend and is nothing if not one of the best hosts I have experienced in my travels.
The staff are also friendly and kind!

The grounds are meticulously groomed and the cabins have everything you would need and more. Having canoes and kayaks ready and available are wonderful - as avid canoe enthusiasts, it gave my husband and I the chance to try kayaking!

We will return again and continue to come back as often as we can! A great getaway!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Erin-HayLake, Owner at Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Good morning - thank you for this. We do want our guests to feel at home here. It was great to see the two of you kayaking - you know I think everyone belongs in a kayak :) It's always a pleasure having you here and I'll look forward to your return.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

This beautiful place is located at the end of a dead end road - no traffic noise - just songbirds, loons and a visit from friendly Francine (or is it Fergus?) the fox. We stayed in cabin #3 June 16-18 2017. Erin, the wonderful owner, greeted us with a warm smile and hearty handshake. She took us to our cabin and showed us around. The cabin is very tastefully decorated with modern amenities, fully stocked kitchen (cooking tools, dinnerware, pots, pans etc.), huge rainfall showerhead and a very comfortable bed. There is a large screened in sunroom that's great protection from the bugs and rain. Also included is full use of canoes, kayaks, paddleboat (lifejackets provided) and Algonquin Park! Each morning, Chantel delivered to us an amazing breakfast - warm and freshly baked muffins, croissants, home made jam (or honey!), yogurt, eggs, bowl of fresh fruit, coffee and juice. It was very delish! The grounds were well groomed and dotted with colourful flowers. The staff were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Thank you Erin, Chantel and Wes. We hope to make this an annual visit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Erin-HayLake, Owner at Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

It was so nice of you to choose us for your anniversary weekend! Thank you for the kind words. We do try to make sure you have what you need to really relax. The fox is still making evening rounds :). It would be great to see you next year. Thanks again.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Found the Hay Lake Lodge... just by fluke when we were driving through Whitney Ontario and saw the sign on the highway, we thought we'd just go down to check out the lake and what we found were the most beautiful little cottages. So after talking to Erin the owner and the sweetest woman ever, we decided to stay for the night. It was perfect.... no TV ,no phone's just each other's company and absolutely quiet and beautiful scenery. We were lucky enough to have a rainstorm at night so we sat cuddled up out on the porch swing,drinking warm tea and just enjoying the silence and the sounds of nature. These little cabins had absolutely everything you would need a kitchenette ...dishes cutlery..pots ..pans everything is there. And there are so clean you can eat off the floor. We are going back every chance we get!!! and make sure to order from her menu that's amazing too.

Stayed: June 2017
Erin-HayLake, Owner at Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Oh my, I"m blushing :). Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad you stopped by. It is always a pleasure to meet people who enjoy the peace and quiet here. To watch a spring rainstorm move across the lake while you are warm and dry is a special treat. I'll look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

My wife and I sadly only stayed 1x night and would have stayed 3x nights had we come across this beautiful place earlier.
We had a 2x bedroom cottage which had bathroom, kitchen, lounge and screened outdoor sitting room. Ensure to bring bug spray, head/hat insect net - you will need it ! The flies are bad.
The cottages are really great as is the location, right on the lake front. Kayak use is included and a must. The setting is really lovely. No TV just nature. You can read books, play board games etc. There is a common lounge area in the main building which has fantastic views. There is a bar where you can buy beers, wine and whiskey.
Bring your own food and drinks as you do have a kitchen as well.
The national park is down the road where we saw moose, beavers, birds.
We would definately stay again.

Stayed: May 2017
Erin-HayLake, Owner at Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

I was so glad you could visit, and so sorry you could only stay one night - the end of May and the beginning of June are tough for blackflies, but if you are here after that they are gone - and thank heavens for screened porches! Australia is a long way away, but I hope someday we can visit again - thanks for the travel information about our lodge!

Reviewed 7 November 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed a few nights at this beautiful, calming spot. It was more than we wanted; a cozy and nice cottage with an amazing view, great service and staff that was warm and helpful. You can't avoid breathing the clean air more deep, relax and be social with your travel companion(s). The calm atmosphere was inspiring and it was such a nice break from our everyday life.

The view across the lake was picture perfect, the forest changed nicely in October, which we also enjoyed. The breakfast was to die for, especially with the freshly baked goods. We really didn't want to leave this place back then, and are looking forward for coming back another time. We can really recommend this place if you need to unwind and experience beautiful nature. We also saw two moses, a black bear, a fox and turkeys in Algonquin Park!

/Mark & Malene, Denmark

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Erin-HayLake, Owner at Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Hello and thank you for this review - fall really is a good time to visit isn't it? I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast - I have to admit I have a fondness for the warm croissants myself! It was great that you saw so much wildlife - you really got a full experience of what we offer. I know the world has so many places to offer, but I would be happy to see you again another time - the peace and quiet will still be here :)