All reviews every morning yogurt screened in porch beach towels boiled eggs a wonderful stay homemade jams fluffy pillows great fishing this place is a gem games and books annual visit generous breakfast quiet side enjoying the view my husband and i wonderful hospitality
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We stayed in a one room cottage. It was very cozy, with a beautiful view out our door. Each cottage has a screened in place to sit in the mornings while you eat the complementary breakfast they bring to your cabin or you can sit on your own personal dock in muskoka chairs. Each night they light a fire at the main house and welcome visitors to come join them if they wish. The main house is always a warm atmosphere to visit or talk to Erin, the host. Erin is a wealth of information and always willing to help or chat.
My husband and I are avid kayakers and fishermen, they possibilities are endless.
My husband chose here to propose to me 11 years ago, and I can not think of somewhere more perfect. We returned this year to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, and look forward to returning again soon with family and friend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Erin-HayLake, Owner at Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Whoops! You posted a review and it slipped past me! It was so nice to have you return to celebrate your anniversary - and 10 years already! I agree that the kayaking here offers endless opportunities to explore or fish - I saw a lake trout and a nice bass caught from a kayak this summer. Thanks for the feedback - and come back soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We stayed at Hay Lake Lodge in June, a time when the mosquitoes and blackfly were at their worst! Despite these biters we had a wonderful time and especially valued our cabin's screen porch, which allowed us to spend the evenings 'outside' but sufficiently protected. Hay Lake Lodge is lovely - a 'traditional' Ontario lakeside lodge with cabins. I loved the fact that our cabin (the smallest of the 6 on offer) was compact and that it hasn't been enlarged into a sprawling modern cottage. We used one of the canoes (there are also kayaks) to head off on several paddles, both into Algonquin Park itself and to explore Hay Lake. Our explorations meant that we saw moose and loons and had some wonderful 'close encounters' with beavers.

Room Tip: Wifi is available in the central lodge but not the cabins. This means you really will switch off!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank a1erin
Erin-HayLake, Owner at Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback! I was so impressed how you enjoyed all that Hay Lake and Algonquin have to offer - and yes, I am glad for our screened porches too. They certainly make spring evenings pleasant. Thanks again for the feedback - it helps us know what our guests enjoy - and no, we won't be changing to a sprawling development!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have spent time at Hay Lake Lodge at least once a year for the past three or so years and it is always a pleasure. Erin greets you like a friend and is nothing if not one of the best hosts I have experienced in my travels.
The staff are also friendly and kind!

The grounds are meticulously groomed and the cabins have everything you would need and more. Having canoes and kayaks ready and available are wonderful - as avid canoe enthusiasts, it gave my husband and I the chance to try kayaking!

We will return again and continue to come back as often as we can! A great getaway!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Erin-HayLake, Owner at Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Good morning - thank you for this. We do want our guests to feel at home here. It was great to see the two of you kayaking - you know I think everyone belongs in a kayak :) It's always a pleasure having you here and I'll look forward to your return.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

This beautiful place is located at the end of a dead end road - no traffic noise - just songbirds, loons and a visit from friendly Francine (or is it Fergus?) the fox. We stayed in cabin #3 June 16-18 2017. Erin, the wonderful owner, greeted us with a warm smile and hearty handshake. She took us to our cabin and showed us around. The cabin is very tastefully decorated with modern amenities, fully stocked kitchen (cooking tools, dinnerware, pots, pans etc.), huge rainfall showerhead and a very comfortable bed. There is a large screened in sunroom that's great protection from the bugs and rain. Also included is full use of canoes, kayaks, paddleboat (lifejackets provided) and Algonquin Park! Each morning, Chantel delivered to us an amazing breakfast - warm and freshly baked muffins, croissants, home made jam (or honey!), yogurt, eggs, bowl of fresh fruit, coffee and juice. It was very delish! The grounds were well groomed and dotted with colourful flowers. The staff were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Thank you Erin, Chantel and Wes. We hope to make this an annual visit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Erin-HayLake, Owner at Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

It was so nice of you to choose us for your anniversary weekend! Thank you for the kind words. We do try to make sure you have what you need to really relax. The fox is still making evening rounds :). It would be great to see you next year. Thanks again.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Found the Hay Lake Lodge... just by fluke when we were driving through Whitney Ontario and saw the sign on the highway, we thought we'd just go down to check out the lake and what we found were the most beautiful little cottages. So after talking to Erin the owner and the sweetest woman ever, we decided to stay for the night. It was perfect.... no TV ,no phone's just each other's company and absolutely quiet and beautiful scenery. We were lucky enough to have a rainstorm at night so we sat cuddled up out on the porch swing,drinking warm tea and just enjoying the silence and the sounds of nature. These little cabins had absolutely everything you would need a kitchenette ...dishes cutlery..pots ..pans everything is there. And there are so clean you can eat off the floor. We are going back every chance we get!!! and make sure to order from her menu that's amazing too.

Stayed: June 2017
Erin-HayLake, Owner at Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Oh my, I"m blushing :). Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad you stopped by. It is always a pleasure to meet people who enjoy the peace and quiet here. To watch a spring rainstorm move across the lake while you are warm and dry is a special treat. I'll look forward to seeing you again.