All reviews lamb shank pub meal saturday march christchurch accommodation
Reviewed 22 March 2018

The lady taking the order was pleasant and attentive. The Blue Eyed Cod was fresh and covered with a light crisp batter.
the dining room was old, perhaps in need of a freshen up but attracted a selection of family groups after the more traditional style of pub food.

Room Tip: Rooms on offer range from backpacker to more substantial
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I had dinner at the Heritage on Saturday March 3. I have done this several times with my elderly parents. The service is great. The lovely lady who waited on our table remembered us and it was 14 months ago we were there. The food was lovely as always.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I had dinner here last night - Saturday March 3rd - with my elderly parents. The meals were beautifully cooked, the lady who waited on us was marvellous as she has been in the past. I would always eat at the Heritage Hotel as I have always found it to be reliable and very good quality food. Mains seem to be about the $20-25 mark but we had specials - lamb shanks - $19, Chicken salad $15 and a small roast for $12.00 or thereabouts. The food was well presented and all in all a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Having had a bad experience opposite in the Village Inn (avoid it!) these guys were most helpful polite and welcoming - like normal Kiwis. I met a few people staying there who seemed to rate the place. It looks a bit tired but the staff were good. Id guess its fairly basic and i didnt see the rooms but prices seemed very reasonable.

Room Tip: I didnt see the rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Nothing fancy, but if you want a large size basic meal at a reasonable price then the Geraldine Hotel provides this service.

We popped in for a Saturday night dinner. I had the roast beef. Lots of beef, mash, cauliflower , broccoli, carrots, pumpkin and roast potatoes, with gravy on the side.

Old style interior, typical pub.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple