A spectacular location with views of Mount Cook that can't be beaten. We stayed here for 3 days which was long enough for us in summer but for people interested in walking and outdoor adventure longer might be required.
Our first night was in a motel unit which was very nice and free shuttle to the hotel & back on request which worked superbly.
The following 2 nights were in the main Hotel and in a Premium Room on the 9th floor with fantastic views.
The premium Restaurant 'Panorama' was outstanding as was the service with prices reasonably modest considering the location.
The other Restaurant offers a very reasonable $62 smorgasbord with a glass of wine or beer. The food quality was very good and plenty variety.
The Cafe is another great place with quality food at very reasonable prices and a nice balcony to sit and watch the world go by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, The Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD and Argo Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- The Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village