All reviews bed was comfortable studio room stayed one night full size fridge enjoyable stay self contained washing machine and dryer coast cafes
Reviewed 17 July 2017

For over $200 a night, there wasn't anything good about the place..Asked for high up, was given the 6th floor, I asked how many floors were there , told 16, so your half way..Not by my maths.. Wanted twin beds, not two single beds jammed together..Marks everywhere on the walls..We had our car there but wasn't game to move it as there was very few carparks.. First in best dressed... We stayed two nights, two too many..!! If you wanted WiFi you had to pay for it.. One blanket for two beds and only two towels, no washers... beds were hard, pillows not much better, only three pillows... Rooms arent made up daily..

Room Tip: Certainly not the room we stayed in..
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry N
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My husband booked 4 nights at this accommodation as a getaway. In terms of locality, fantastic. Walking distance to great restaurants and the tram just a short stroll away. I did think though, if you have guests staying for 4 nights you wouldn't place them in a room adjacent to the construction site. Every morning at 6.30am we were awoken by the construction noise. Every morning we'd have our coffee (with our own purchased milk, coffee & sugar as the supplied quantities were significantly lacking) on the balcony, watching the construction crew doing their jobs. A few times I waved to them as I knew they understood our pain of having ones personal space impinged upon.
The 'king bed' was two singles pushed together with a gap in the middle. On the afternoon of our first day, we returned to the room after an outing to be overwhelmed by a repugnant odour as we entered the room. My husband assumed I'd done poo's before we had left but no.. the smell was coming from the drain in the bathroom. We promptly covered the drain hole. Speaking of the bathroom, we stayed 4 nights. We were gifted with 2 micro bars of soap and 1 1/2 rolls of toilet paper. We made the soap last for the duration of our stay (with the help of some body wash I had in my toiletry bag) but had to purchase our own toilet paper. We didn't try the so called 'spa' as clearly it was just a tub under the shower.
The lifts were interesting. 2 lifts but only 1 was working for the duration of our stay. On the day of check out, I noticed guests were using the broken lift. I mentioned it to someone in the working lift. They lived in the complex and responded 'yeah it's broken but you can still work it manually ' whatever that means!
My only other point of contention was the aircon remote. The batteries were held in place by what looked like a snippet from the 'resort' brochure. Alas, it was difficult to use and turn air con on & adjust the temperature. I made sure to scrub my hands after touching the air con remote and the tv remote... and the door handles.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally-ann U
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Unit was dirty, two oily hand prints above the bed??? the bed something you might find in a homeless shelter. The pillows were stained and very old. burn mark on the bedside table which as a previous review had described was squashed in sideways.
Mould in the bathroom, shower heads that sprayed water at all angles, hairdryer that didn't work, the room had a smell I just couldn't quiet describe.
We had breakfast as part of our package, we decided not to go after looking at the 'dining room' dirty, old table cloths made us wonder what the food preparation area might be like. In all the Savannah Resort needs a health inspector to visit and either convert to a homeless shelter or renovate.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ppjhsw
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights booking at the last minute in a 'renovated' room. We got a very low price and you do get what you pay for, but there are some things that are just unacceptable no matter the price.

Firstly I don't think the cleaners actually know how to clean or maybe they don't understand what clean is? We are also in the accommodation industry and what we found was alarming. Firstly, bits of broken glass and ash on the patio and a dirty table, a really terrible smell throughout the whole room especially in the kitchen area, not sure what it was but it was bad, we couldn't be comfortable with the doors shut, so had to put up with traffic noise the whole stay so we could get fresh air, there was some sort of leakage in the cupboard under the sink which was sticky, runs on the outside of the kitchen cupboards which were obviously not wiped down, tap not secured, dirty mismatched cutlery, crumbs in the cutlery drawer, curtains with all sorts of stains on them and sticky surfaces. There was just a sense of general carelessness and dirt, and that smell certainly didn't help.

On the positive side, the receptionist was very friendly, the bathroom was very nice and appeared to be clean, the bed was comfortable and the hotel is in a great position if you don't mind being on the main road. We wouldn't stay again though.

I think that anyone can put up with 'budget' accommodation as long as there is at least an effort made to make sure the room is hygienic, sadly this one didn't do that.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank belleau_femme
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We enjoyed our 2 nights at the Savannah. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the booking in process was very easy. We were on the 13th floor overlooking (Room 1304) with ocean. It was a studio room with a small balcony, it was very clean with plenty of amenities ( Aircon, Kitchenette,
etc) Breakfast was fine. Savannah is a short walk to about 100 restaurants, the beach and the Casino. Great location. We would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017