“Good”

Broadbeach Savannah Resort
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We stayed here for one night. Booked a King Suite with ocean view room. The bed was the best and most comfortable I have ever slept in in a hotel. The suite was clean and very comfortable. We did talk to other guests who were furious with their rooms, but we were very happy. The breakfast was average. Parking is a big issue. We were fortunate enough to get the last of 2 car spaces. Because of the location we didn't want to leave our car in the street, so used a cab to go out for the night to visit rellies. We felt we would rather pay a cab than worry about not getting a car space when we got back. The parking is very limited, and that is the only reason we won't stay here again. We had suite 806 on the 8th floor.

Room Tip: suite 806 on the 8th floor was good.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 July 2017

For $590 for 2 nights (off-peak), I expected a whole lot better. We had room 503 and this was old and in desperate need of refurbishment. As well as the carpet being old and stained badly in the cramped living area, it had gathered up in several places. There was a badly broken plastic chair on the small balcony as well as a rusted-out luggage rack - both obviously unusable. The bedside tables didn't fit and so were placed side-on to the bed, making the drawers impossible to open. The wardrobe could only hang shirts and tops, being too short for dresses or trousers. Kitchen cabinets had grease stains over them with a grubby-looking piece of "something" stuck down next to the sink. Only 3 pillows were provided for the king sized bed, which I have to say was comfortable. As for the free-parking advertised, this is EXTREMELY limited and so we had to park on the street for the whole stay, quite a walk from the hotel as there was nothing closer. Toiletries - the 2 tiny pieces of soap provided were smaller than the pieces I usually throw out. No tissues provided. In fact, there was nothing to make this a pleasant place to stay and nothing to entice the traveler to re-visit.Overall, a VERY disappointing stay and will definitely never go back. Honestly, we could have done so much better.

Room Tip: Do not choose 503 - simply awful with no view, unless you like looking at traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ocomandm
Reviewed 17 July 2017

For over $200 a night, there wasn't anything good about the place..Asked for high up, was given the 6th floor, I asked how many floors were there , told 16, so your half way..Not by my maths.. Wanted twin beds, not two single beds jammed together..Marks everywhere on the walls..We had our car there but wasn't game to move it as there was very few carparks.. First in best dressed... We stayed two nights, two too many..!! If you wanted WiFi you had to pay for it.. One blanket for two beds and only two towels, no washers... beds were hard, pillows not much better, only three pillows... Rooms arent made up daily..

Room Tip: Certainly not the room we stayed in..
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry N
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My husband booked 4 nights at this accommodation as a getaway. In terms of locality, fantastic. Walking distance to great restaurants and the tram just a short stroll away. I did think though, if you have guests staying for 4 nights you wouldn't place them in a room adjacent to the construction site. Every morning at 6.30am we were awoken by the construction noise. Every morning we'd have our coffee (with our own purchased milk, coffee & sugar as the supplied quantities were significantly lacking) on the balcony, watching the construction crew doing their jobs. A few times I waved to them as I knew they understood our pain of having ones personal space impinged upon.
The 'king bed' was two singles pushed together with a gap in the middle. On the afternoon of our first day, we returned to the room after an outing to be overwhelmed by a repugnant odour as we entered the room. My husband assumed I'd done poo's before we had left but no.. the smell was coming from the drain in the bathroom. We promptly covered the drain hole. Speaking of the bathroom, we stayed 4 nights. We were gifted with 2 micro bars of soap and 1 1/2 rolls of toilet paper. We made the soap last for the duration of our stay (with the help of some body wash I had in my toiletry bag) but had to purchase our own toilet paper. We didn't try the so called 'spa' as clearly it was just a tub under the shower.
The lifts were interesting. 2 lifts but only 1 was working for the duration of our stay. On the day of check out, I noticed guests were using the broken lift. I mentioned it to someone in the working lift. They lived in the complex and responded 'yeah it's broken but you can still work it manually ' whatever that means!
My only other point of contention was the aircon remote. The batteries were held in place by what looked like a snippet from the 'resort' brochure. Alas, it was difficult to use and turn air con on & adjust the temperature. I made sure to scrub my hands after touching the air con remote and the tv remote... and the door handles.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally-ann U
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Unit was dirty, two oily hand prints above the bed??? the bed something you might find in a homeless shelter. The pillows were stained and very old. burn mark on the bedside table which as a previous review had described was squashed in sideways.
Mould in the bathroom, shower heads that sprayed water at all angles, hairdryer that didn't work, the room had a smell I just couldn't quiet describe.
We had breakfast as part of our package, we decided not to go after looking at the 'dining room' dirty, old table cloths made us wonder what the food preparation area might be like. In all the Savannah Resort needs a health inspector to visit and either convert to a homeless shelter or renovate.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ppjhsw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
0.1 km away
0.6 km away
Browns at Broadbeach
Browns at Broadbeach
#40 of 50 in Broadbeach

Been to Broadbeach Savannah Resort? Share your experiences!