“Amazing 30th Birthday Stay”

Santorini Kastelli Resort
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Myself and two friends stayed at the Kastelli Resort for a week in June for my 30th Birthday and I have to say, I cannot fault it. For Santorini, it is incredibly cheap. The location is good, away from the hype but a very short walk to the sea front, beach, restaurants and shops.

From start to finish the staff could not do enough for us, nothing was too much bother, they were friendly and attentive to the end. I love the fact that there are so many small pools dotted around the resort, we had the 'infinity' pool on our doorstep which was a godsend, especially when we wanted to cool down with a glass of wine late at night. There is never an issue with sunbeds, you will always be able to get one.

Breakfast is varied and plentiful and you can have prosecco/champagne complimentary every morning. The variety and quality of drinks at the bar are good, even the wine which traditionally in Greece isn't very good. We ate there on the Sunday night when they have live music, the food was excellent, portions are huge.

The standard of cleaning was impeccable, changes of towels every day. Small criticism would be is that you can here the cleaners crashing around of a morning. Our suite was large, well stocked, great bathroom and shower, well stocked and not too expensive mini bar, beds were comfortable.

Spa was well worth the price and very relaxing, we had massages and all agreed they were of a good standard.

I loved this place as it has character, it's not your generic hotel set up, it feels very authentic (having travelled Greece and being greek I like to think I know what that is). I would highly recommend staying here if staying in Kamari.

Room Tip: We had room 206, really good suite with great access to pool.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank LondonKate_10

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Great Location Kamari Beach Is Excellent!!!

Lovely property very beautifully done up.That Is It.

We had booked for 3 days upon arrival we were upgraded to Dome shaped room. Worst ever room never take it.

You literally have to climb up to the bedroom which is dome shaped & very low height. We both banged our heads a couple of times. The bathroom was downstairs & at night it was difficult to climb down & up when your sleepy.

The bathroom had the worst stink anybody could ever imagine.
The TV was place on the right side of the bed.
No kettle for tea or coffee- Please order from room service as its against hotel policy
No Drinking water- Please use mini Bar
Wifi- Only works in the reception area, they do provide area specific access codes but does not work at all.

Next Morning we met the manager of the hotel & this is what he had to say:

With Regard to drinking water & tea you have to order from minibar as its against the policy of the hotel to provide the same. However we did receive the kettle which was to our surprise very dirty from the inside.

With regard to placement of TV he replied at least we have provided one many hotels don't provide it!

The unbearable stink was not their fault as its got to with the entire region of Kamari.

However post breakfast(which is average) our room was changed where everything was in one floor & tv was placed in front of the bed.

& The bathroom was not stinking at all !!!!

We were in 401 & the room was changed to 402 on the same floor. suddenly everything was close to normal.

Who would like to ever stay in place like this ? I also wrote on the company website requesting the owner to kindly spend a night in our room just to get a feel lack of design & hygiene.

Regrets Only

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vipul A
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Had a lovely time at this hotel. Clean and suited our needs. It's close to restaurants and bars and the bus stop is outside. Few tips take an iron a kettle and a device to hook up to the Tv the program are limited, we didn't want much tv but would have been good to watch a movie when chilling at bedtime. Don't upgrade to half board. There are so many fab restaurants on the sea front, ver reasonable.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Thewirrallot
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I never heard so many excuses and blame as I have here. This is my fault because I took this as a 5 star and it's a 3 star hotel. Moreover, getting service is a chore and I felt like they did not need my business although they say they are booked I know they are not....the word 'suite' is loosely used. There is not even tissue paper in room and internet does not work in rooms. Please read the small print. Moreover there are 6 different user login require over the property and internet is still not robust.

I am so mad I checked out early although I paid for 2 nights. This is not a 5 star and service and complaints are not handled approximately. Management is not season nor mature...They so worried to blame you instead of taking responsibility and I hate liars. Never, never, never.

Btw I recognize that my expectations may be higher than many...however my experience prior to this checkin has been extremely positive so take that what is worth.

Caution: all booking deals are not worth it. Sometimes you get far less than you paid for...

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank shannon l
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Just returned from a week at the Kastelli resort. It is excellent. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and spacious. We had a private pool which was so relaxing. Had a wonderful massage in the spa and the spa facilities were very good. The breakfast had lots of choice each morning and we highly recommend trying the restaurant for an evening meal it was delicious. The team working at the Kastelli really make the place so special. They are all welcoming and want to make sure that you have a wonderful time and we did so thank you so very much. Cannot wait to visit you again

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 0706anna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
0.3 km away
8.2 km away
Apanemo
Apanemo
#1 of 12 in Akrotiri

Been to Santorini Kastelli Resort? Share your experiences!