“Fabulous Boutique Hotel”

Santorini Kastelli Resort
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Wonderful hotel. My parents, my sister and I are in Santorini for my son's wedding and I am so pleased with my choice of hotel. The staff are fabulous, so helpful. My parents are in their 80s and I had requested a ground floor room weeks prior to travelling and not only did they have a ground floor room they were upgraded to a room with a pool ten yards from their door. Beautiful hotel, fabulous food available and the pasta is to die for. Santorini Kastelli Resort in my opinion ticks every box for me.

Room Tip: Decide what your needs are, email prior to travelling and I am sure they will be met
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My wife and I had always wanted to visit santorini but uncertain about which resort would suit us. We chose Kamari simply because the hotel Kastelli Resort looked so good and the reviews on TripAdvisor were also very good. We were not disappointed. From the first introduction by the hotel manager, Antonis and the amazing staff, made us welcome. The double room with a shared semi private plunge pool was well located not too far from the excellent restaurant.

Room Tip: Superior room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrypmc2017
Reviewed 28 August 2017

The Kastelli is very fine boutique hotel which delivered excellence to me and my group of 6. Rooms were clean and spacious. The restaurant offered delicious food from early morning to late in the evening and the service was excellent. Loved the location just off the beach...The hotel is a short 3-5 minute walk to Kamari beach and its nice shops, restaurants, and cafes/bars. Hotel is near base of historical site of Ancient Thera and Fira, Oia, and Ancient Akrotiri are 20-30 minutes away. Adonis, the GM, did a great job recommending restaurants in Fira and Kamari Beach, acquainting us to Santorini, and organizing a very fun boat trip in and around the island's Caldera. We will definitely be back to Santorini and the Kastelli resort!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank dmarcou58
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Having deliberated for a while over which Santorini hotel to book for our honeymoon Kastelli seemed an excellent choice. Its in a great location- Kamari itself has many restaurants and a few bars and shops, it's much quieter than Fira which was a great escape from the high season crowds.
There is a bus stop just across the road with very frequent and cheap buses into Fira.
There are 4 pools at this hotel, 1 large one and 3 smaller ones including an infinity pool. We never struggled to get a sunbed so didn't have to worry about putting down towels and all that hassle, the hotel also provide beach towels to borrow free of charge.
Our room was nice, the aircon and safety deposit box are free to use and housekeeping visit once daily, the bed is quite possibly the most comfortable one I have ever slept in. My reason for only giving 4 stars is the bathroom, it really wasn't what we had hoped for from one of the small luxury hotels of the world. The tiles were old and cracked in some places, there was paint on the wall from where the painters hadn't done a very tidy job and a drain in the floor which was always wet (we didnt want to know why). The tap was dripping constantly and whenever someone in another room flushed the toilet we could hear it very clearly. I have seen pictures of other bathrooms in this hotel and they look very different so I guess ours was just waiting to be updated. Overall we would not let this put us off coming back as it was a minor problem (we would just hope for a better bathroom next time).

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tasha O
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We spent considerable time searching for an idilic, quiet and friendly hotel for our honeymoon and came up with the Kastelli Resort in Kamari on the island of Santorini. We have just returned from 10 nights in August 2017 at the resort.
From arrival to departure the staff and general manager were an absolute credit to the holiday industry and there was nothing that was too much trouble for them to assist in making our honeymoon everything we wanted. We had upgraded to half board and a room with direct acces to the main pool area, which meant we could decide on whether to have lunch or evening meal.
There is no early morning starts to reserve a sunbed, there are so many available in all parts of the quiet resort and towels provided at no cost which are refreshed during the day. The room was spotless and cleaned every day.
The food was excellent and plentiful, although breakfast does get a bit repetitive after 10 days. No need for formalities with long trousers for dinner for the gents but just as easy to make it a romantic night and to dress up, with piano music played on a number of evenings each week. Candle lit terrace and good quality wine and food made for a perfect holiday.
Easy 5 minute walk to the centre of town where there a many bars and restaurants which was perfect for a change of scenery but you could easily lose yourself for the whole holiday in the resort as everything is provided for.
The manager and his team were polite, courteous and professional and made the stay very enjoyable. If you are looking for the ideal quiet holiday, this is it. Very few children on site as the price is generally higher as a result of what you get for your money so therefore geared to avoid rowdy groups. If you are looking for an 18-30 holiday in the sun then look somewhere else. This is boutique, classy and high quality.
Many thanks to the whole team for making our stay a real holiday. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
0.3 km away
#2 of 75 in Kamari
13.4 km away
Andronis Luxury Suites
8.2 km away
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
0.3 km away
Tamarix del Mar
Tamarix del Mar
#8 of 75 in Kamari
6.1 km away
Astro Palace Hotel and Suites

Been to Santorini Kastelli Resort? Share your experiences!