“No way is this place a 5 star hotel ”

Santorini Kastelli Resort
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 days with my wife .My rating is low because we where so disappointed by the standard of this so called 5 star hotel. Firstly we arrived to find No water in the room, No kettle , No shower curtain, No bath robes and No slippers which we did think came in our room rate ( which was not a standard room) the bathroom was very very dated ( room 115) broken toilet seat which I told them 5 days in and still broken when we left . We ate in the hotel on our first night a Burger ( no bun) eight chips and few green leafs which was €15 ( £15 ) basically. I'm sure McDonald's do a Burger ( in a bun ) with diced onions for 99p ! So we ate out after that as we only get ripped off once. Breakfast is a joke it's warmed up food left in school canteen style stainless steel trays from 8 till 11. So no fresh eggs at all. ( 5 star ) No way. We did ask for two hard boiled eggs which they struggled to do, and one was raw ( 5 star hotel chef can't cook an egg.) The sun beds near the small pool are old wooden ones and basically had it and wore out the sun shade was broken too, also the sun bed towels are stained and wore. There are lots of steps and slopes around the "5" star hotel. Do not book with Classic Collection holidays as you won't see a Rep and there brochure says sandy beach. There is no sand on the near by beach rocks and pebbles is ya lot , it's also very hard to get into and out of the sea it's very very slippery on the rocks. We saw a lady who had broken her leg getting in . As my photos will show there is no sand on that beach. ! . Now for some good points the bed linen is changed every day and towels in the bathroom changed daily to. The waiters (all ) are very kind and helpful but wasted at this place. We would not go back to this "5"star hotel. One final note this hotel is on the flight path for all planes coming in morning noon and night. Sometimes you are treated to planes leaving to . You have been told !!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Wonderful hotel. My parents, my sister and I are in Santorini for my son's wedding and I am so pleased with my choice of hotel. The staff are fabulous, so helpful. My parents are in their 80s and I had requested a ground floor room weeks prior to travelling and not only did they have a ground floor room they were upgraded to a room with a pool ten yards from their door. Beautiful hotel, fabulous food available and the pasta is to die for. Santorini Kastelli Resort in my opinion ticks every box for me.

Room Tip: Decide what your needs are, email prior to travelling and I am sure they will be met
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

My wife and I had always wanted to visit santorini but uncertain about which resort would suit us. We chose Kamari simply because the hotel Kastelli Resort looked so good and the reviews on TripAdvisor were also very good. We were not disappointed. From the first introduction by the hotel manager, Antonis and the amazing staff, made us welcome. The double room with a shared semi private plunge pool was well located not too far from the excellent restaurant.

Room Tip: Superior room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrypmc2017
Reviewed 28 August 2017

The Kastelli is very fine boutique hotel which delivered excellence to me and my group of 6. Rooms were clean and spacious. The restaurant offered delicious food from early morning to late in the evening and the service was excellent. Loved the location just off the beach...The hotel is a short 3-5 minute walk to Kamari beach and its nice shops, restaurants, and cafes/bars. Hotel is near base of historical site of Ancient Thera and Fira, Oia, and Ancient Akrotiri are 20-30 minutes away. Adonis, the GM, did a great job recommending restaurants in Fira and Kamari Beach, acquainting us to Santorini, and organizing a very fun boat trip in and around the island's Caldera. We will definitely be back to Santorini and the Kastelli resort!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank dmarcou58
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Having deliberated for a while over which Santorini hotel to book for our honeymoon Kastelli seemed an excellent choice. Its in a great location- Kamari itself has many restaurants and a few bars and shops, it's much quieter than Fira which was a great escape from the high season crowds.
There is a bus stop just across the road with very frequent and cheap buses into Fira.
There are 4 pools at this hotel, 1 large one and 3 smaller ones including an infinity pool. We never struggled to get a sunbed so didn't have to worry about putting down towels and all that hassle, the hotel also provide beach towels to borrow free of charge.
Our room was nice, the aircon and safety deposit box are free to use and housekeeping visit once daily, the bed is quite possibly the most comfortable one I have ever slept in. My reason for only giving 4 stars is the bathroom, it really wasn't what we had hoped for from one of the small luxury hotels of the world. The tiles were old and cracked in some places, there was paint on the wall from where the painters hadn't done a very tidy job and a drain in the floor which was always wet (we didnt want to know why). The tap was dripping constantly and whenever someone in another room flushed the toilet we could hear it very clearly. I have seen pictures of other bathrooms in this hotel and they look very different so I guess ours was just waiting to be updated. Overall we would not let this put us off coming back as it was a minor problem (we would just hope for a better bathroom next time).

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tasha O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
0.3 km away
4.5 km away
Lilium Villas
Lilium Villas
#8 of 81 in Fira

Been to Santorini Kastelli Resort? Share your experiences!