“Perfect holiday”

Santorini Kastelli Resort
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I can't give enough praise for the Kastelli resort.....I will try! Smooth check in with a very welcome orange juice and then a guided tour by the manager, Adonis ( you know it's going to be good when the boss is Adonis!) we were shown our room.....just the standard double but it was fabulous...room 212 ...it had a private roof terrace which was lovely. A view of one of the private pools and the tennis courts. A tip....if you ask at reception for cups and a kettle, they are more than happy to oblige. The complex is small but perfectly formed....a bit of a rabbit warren though....it took a while to realise we were walking the long way round! There are 4 pools.....the largest is alongside the open air restaurant......the deep end is 3 metres deep.....far too deep for me so we used the small jacuzzi pool at the front of hotel ( it's really private....set in a pistachio orchard) this pool was so peaceful. There is a small infinity pool and another small pool....both pleasant and peaceful ( except when we were at the jacuzzi pool....another guest was practising the bagpipes!....honestly!!!) piped music is low key at the main pool....there is also toilets and showers. The airport is very close and you can see planes quite close but it's not unpleasant....they certainly don't keep you awake. There are loads of minimarts for water or fruit etc close by. A bus stop outside the rear door ( NOT the shelter...about 50 metered to the left) .if you walk 200 metres to the right there is a travel shop at the junction....trips here and also a bus to ancient Thira €10 return....take water! Outside the back....cut through the path to the beach and loads of bars and restaurants. Now then ...I have read some reviews cribbing about breakfast selection.....yes I have had better BUT....it's still plentiful and fabulous. The bread and pastries are fresh and gorgeous! Those who say it becomes samey after a few days.....what do you eat at home? There's plenty of choice and Ina week I had something different every morning ( the Greek yogurt with honey is to die for!) I love this hotel....the staff are all really helpful and pleasant. It's spotlessly clean and pretty.

2  Thank LancashireMrsKBG

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Kastelli hotel with my family in September and had the most beautiful stay !
The hotel is beautiful and really feels intimate.
The rooms are beautiful and recently renovated, confortable and spacious. The breakfast is open daily until 11am, with plenty of choice ! The food is great with a 5 stars service. The staff is professional and very friendly.
The hotel is conveniently located at 5 minutes from the beach where plenty of shops and restaurants can be found.
Staying at the Kastelli was a great experience !

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Romuald911
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

The Kastelli hotel is a beautiful quiet 5 stars hotel in Kamari, where my partner and I have been staying every year for 6 years now !
The hotel is beautiful and spacious, there are many swimming pools in different areas of the hotel in addition to the main swimming pool. Everything is spotless and the staff is very kind and helpful. The rooms are beautiful, with an extra large and confortable bed and newly renovated bathrooms. The chef makes the most incredible food, always trying to add a personal touch even to the most simple meals, such as lunch snacks.
If you come to Santorini make sure you do not miss this little gem !

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 days with my wife .My rating is low because we where so disappointed by the standard of this so called 5 star hotel. Firstly we arrived to find No water in the room, No kettle , No shower curtain, No bath robes and No slippers which we did think came in our room rate ( which was not a standard room) the bathroom was very very dated ( room 115) broken toilet seat which I told them 5 days in and still broken when we left . We ate in the hotel on our first night a Burger ( no bun) eight chips and few green leafs which was €15 ( £15 ) basically. I'm sure McDonald's do a Burger ( in a bun ) with diced onions for 99p ! So we ate out after that as we only get ripped off once. Breakfast is a joke it's warmed up food left in school canteen style stainless steel trays from 8 till 11. So no fresh eggs at all. ( 5 star ) No way. We did ask for two hard boiled eggs which they struggled to do, and one was raw ( 5 star hotel chef can't cook an egg.) The sun beds near the small pool are old wooden ones and basically had it and wore out the sun shade was broken too, also the sun bed towels are stained and wore. There are lots of steps and slopes around the "5" star hotel. Do not book with Classic Collection holidays as you won't see a Rep and there brochure says sandy beach. There is no sand on the near by beach rocks and pebbles is ya lot , it's also very hard to get into and out of the sea it's very very slippery on the rocks. We saw a lady who had broken her leg getting in . As my photos will show there is no sand on that beach. ! . Now for some good points the bed linen is changed every day and towels in the bathroom changed daily to. The waiters (all ) are very kind and helpful but wasted at this place. We would not go back to this "5"star hotel. One final note this hotel is on the flight path for all planes coming in morning noon and night. Sometimes you are treated to planes leaving to . You have been told !!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Wonderful hotel. My parents, my sister and I are in Santorini for my son's wedding and I am so pleased with my choice of hotel. The staff are fabulous, so helpful. My parents are in their 80s and I had requested a ground floor room weeks prior to travelling and not only did they have a ground floor room they were upgraded to a room with a pool ten yards from their door. Beautiful hotel, fabulous food available and the pasta is to die for. Santorini Kastelli Resort in my opinion ticks every box for me.

Room Tip: Decide what your needs are, email prior to travelling and I am sure they will be met