Xanadu Holiday Resort(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$354
Palazzo Versace(Main Beach)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$303
  • Pool
The Crest Apartments(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$185
Maldives Resort(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$192
  • Pool
Waterford on Main Beach(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$334
  • Pool
Aloha Lane Holiday Apartments(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$216
  • Pool
Sea World Resort(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$120
Beachside Tower(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Norfolk Luxury Beachfront Apartments(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
1,729 results
All reviewsoyster barseafood buffetswim up barspa studioacross the roaddirect beach accesspool areagold coastlagoon roomsurfers paradisemarina mirage shopping centremini barsea worldrelaxing stayan upgradehigh teapalazzo versace
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Luxury out standing service from the first day.
We have been going to the Sheraton Mirage for over 18 years. and we always go back .
The service is always outstanding.
Beautiful gardens,gorgeous pool,outstanding service by the staff always with a smile.
The buffet for dinner is always sea food fresh, with a big choice of other food to have.
The rooms are spacious and breathtaking views.
Close to the shops,the beach is on your door step.
We like to thank every one for making welcome.
A big thank you to Mr Mark Sexton for his outstanding caring to his guest.

Stayed: December 2017
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear mariatsolakis53….it was our pleasure to welcome you both back again. We all appreciate this wonderful review on your Mirage sojourn, and I am personally touched and humbled by your kind words of appreciation, and very proud to not only lead, but to be one of our team working together daily to ensure memorable experiences for our guests and patrons. Thank you also for the feedback you provided via guest comment cards, and the associates you nominated for their fine service have been recognized. mariatsolakis52….we wish you both a special Christmas season, and the best of everything for 2018. Many thanks again for your review, and your long and loyal support of our beautiful beachfront resort….warmest regards, Mark

Reviewed 11 December 2017

The Mirage has stood the test of time well. It is still gracious and spacious after all these years. The staff a great and of course the location is wonderful. Waking up to the sound of waves and birds was a treat.

Room Tip: We chose a garden room on the beach side
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

PDT1809….thank you for staying with us on the weekend, and for posting such a special review. Your support is appreciated, and we agree, waking up to the sound of the ocean (and birds) is just the best. Wishing you all the very best for the upcoming Festive Season, and looking forward to welcoming you back in 2018….warmly, Mark

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights, we decided to upgrade our room on arrival as the pool edge rooms are much nicer.

Our stay was amazing, we requested a savoury/ cheese platter which was not available on the room menu - but the kitchen were happy to assist.

Their breakfast has plenty of options to choose from, although a very busy time.
The beach access was a great addition and its a 40min walk to Surfers Paradise, and a $10 uber back.

The fish and chip shop across the road is a must!! It is so fresh and you choose your own food from the open fridges.

Even though this is clearly amazing for families, we also found it peaceful and nkt overly loud. The small water looks and lush greenery make so many areas private near the rooms.

We cant wait to visit again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Meegan C

Thank you for reviewing your September Mirage Romantic Getaway. We are delighted you enjoyed our beautiful resort, and its superb location here on The Spit, and we look forward to welcoming you back for more special couple time in the future. Many thanks for your support, and this wonderful review.

Warm regards
Mark

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Honestly, any reviews putting this hotel down due to customer service is in my opinion, no way possibly true.
I came into the hotel at 9am Friday (check in is 3pm) in a flustered mood. I had left my purse in Melbourne! I had no money (room was obviously pre-paid), no ID and no credit card for pre authorisation ($150 plus $100 for each night stay). I expected a hassle so came straight from the airport.
I had a manager in front of me within 3 minutes who kindly emailed me the necessary paperwork to fill in electronically with my credit card details, and she simply read my emails I provided that confirmed I was indeed the person who booked the room.
She directed me where I could get breakfast paying using tap and go on my phone and told me to come back the moment I had filled in the paperwork.
I filled in my paperwork, sent it off and waited. Check in was at 3pm so there was no need to go back any sooner considering reviews I had read on here told me I would not be able to get in any earlier.
I'd had enough of waiting by 12pm so went in to confirm they had received the documents.
Ms Manager personally comes out to confirm it has been received and assists with check in. I'm in my room by 12:15pm and sipping a cocktail in the pool bar by 1pm.
Everyone has been wonderful.
The room is what you'd expect from an entry level room in a 5 star hotel, adequate and very  comfortable.
Saturday saw a trip to the Oyster Bar for high tea. Oh my goodness. We arrived to a wonderfully simply set table and the food was delicious.
I checked out on Sunday and Ms Manager Jenny again came out to make sure my stay was okay and assisted with check out.
I cannot fault this hotel at all. They accidently charged me twice on my mini bar purchases but as soon as I sent an email informing them, it was refunded within the hour.
Well done team and I look forward to returning next time.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

biancasurfers89….it was fantastic to read your wonderful review, and to learn how our manager welcomed and assisted you during what had been such a difficult morning. For a General Manager it does not get any better than to learn of the actions of a team member who has so personally and empathetically looked after a guest. Thank you for your support in choosing our resort, and for taking the time to share your arrival and stay experience. This is so appreciated, and be assured, our manager is being recognized for her special efforts. We all look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit….hopefully sometime soon biancasurfers89…warmest regards, Mark

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Dont even know where to begin honestly. If we hadnt paid for our entire stay we would have checked out on our first day!!

So confused with the positive reviews. Must attract a certain crowd that just has very VERY different standards from us.

Overall I would say that this place is the typical large hotel that has no personal service to anything. You will get lost in the crowds with no hospitality provided to individual guest. You are just a number. Quality is low to average. If you are going to spend good money then save it and go somewhere else. To be honest I would rather fly an extra couple of hours and go somewhere in East Asia and the Islands and experience true SERVICE, true HOSPITALITY and VALUE for money.

I paid more than $800 a night and I had to pay another $70 dollars for breakfast and then on top of that I had to pay $8.50 for each room service I ordered. !?

1 - Check in was average. Nothing special. Nothing that stands out. Just normal.

2 - We check in to our villa. Note: the villas are further away from the hotel grounds. There is a specific car part for the Villas. There is also a small pool for the Villa guests. But it's so average that no one ever uses it.

3 - The Villa itself I would say is the ONLY highlight of our stay as its recently renovated so it's nice and modern. 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms with kitchen - there is washing machine/dryer/dish washer provided with all the other things you need in the kitchen.

4 - BUT - Room was completely unclean. There was a pee stain on the toilet seat!! The floors were absolutely dusty/dirty. How do I know that because my 1 year old crawled for 5 mins and had dirty/dust all over her pants.

I called and complained and no apology was given, no compensation was provided. Where is your top quality service General Manager? You ruined the trip from the beginning.

5 - The TV in the living room didnt work properly.

6- The air conditioning is not set up properly. One room is super cold and the other room is quite warm. Living room temp is also not consistent with everywhere else.

7 - Housekeeping service was awful. Shocked for such a hotel like this to not have excellent house keeping. One day they forgot to clean the room. Just didnt show up. The other day when asked what time shall they come and I said in an hour, she reacted as if that was a stressful request and um-ed and ah-ed until I said 'then dont worry about it". Turn down service is also a big miss. Some nights they would come and some nights they just wouldnt show up.

8 - Room Service - what can I say... JAW DROPPING SHOCKED that they charge $8.50 for just to deliver food to my room. What is that? Even some very luxurious places may charge like a 20% service charge, but that's 20%. Not a FLAT FEE. We've stayed at many maanny beautiful, luxurious resorts all around the world, and NOWHERE have they charged us almost 9$ for room service. I called to enquire and the response was "you can come and pick up your food from the restaurant if you want". . First of all - what kind of response is that to say to your guest?

Maybe all of this wouldnt be a big deal to some people, but we have 2 little kids who sleep by 7pm so my husband and I are stuck in our rooms all night. It's just plain ridiculous that we had to pay such a high fee, even if you ordered a coke for $5, you still had to pay $8.50 for them to deliver it to your room. So ridiculous to have such a fee when these days you have UBER EATS that delivers all over town for $5... Shame on Sheraton for having such a ridiculous charge. It's a petty charge which makes you look cheap.

8 - Breakfast buffet is VERY average. Every day was also the same. I am so confused of all these positive reviews of the breakfast. It is the most average, regular breakfast any hotel can provide. There is such a limited about of hot foods that there is a line up just to get your hot foods which is your standard - bacon, omelette, sausage, mushroom tomatoes and croissants . A little salad bar, some porridge, some bread slices. What is so special about that? When you stay here for a few days, you also get bored very quickly. There is barely any change

. You want to talk about amazing breakfast buffet - check out the Crown Towers in Melbourne - they set the standard. and charge $40 per person. totally worth it.

9 - Going back to my earlier point of you being just a number to them - we are staying here for 5 nights which means 5 breakfasts, and every single day the staff at the restaurant asked us the same question, what room number, do you have breakfast part of your package. Do you have any discount on your breakfast? Do you have SPG on your membership. blah blah blah. A suggestion to the General Manager - make some notes under your guests files and make them feel special and remember their details.

One of the mornings, there was no one to greet us at the Terrace (breakfast) restaurant entrance. Nobody noticed us, a family of 4 just standing there waiting to be seated.

Then the the other day the man who was working at the counter - who's name starts with a B had no social interaction - no smile, no warmth. nothing. Below average. The only person that stood out at the restaurant was this older lady who was so warm, kind and friendly to all guests. She would go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. She's the only staff that also gave my 2 little kids a little bag with some colouring pencils/stickers.

10 - There was some accounting conference happening there last week and while it was going on, guests couldnt have lunch at the main lunch restaurant. When inquired where else can we eat, they told me the oyster bar and pearl bar - Not taking any consideration that i have 2 little children and those 2 restaurants are just tapas or steaks or seafood. Not kid friendly at all. It's annoying when hotels do that - when they book out an entire restaurant for lunch few days in a row.

11 - Menu at the swimming pool is also quite below average.

12 - The pool bar stop serving food at 4 or 4.30pm every day. And the restaurants only start serving dinner from 5 or 5.30pm. So between that hour or hour and half, there is NO FOOD available at this hotel. I cant believe it and still assuming the staff were wrong about this. How is that possible? Our kids were hungry and there was no food available. . . at all. I was told I had to go out and get food. Again. . no consideration about families and children. Not a kid friendly place for sure.

13 - There is a little walk to the beach but it's not part of the Sheraton so keep in mind there are no sun chairs, no towels, no food/drinks by the beach. This is a public beach. This is where it loses to Asia/Pacific island resorts. where you have amazing service by the beach.

14 - We were also told that with SPG members you also get 15% discount on food and beverages, but no one told us that that was only the restaurants in the main building. (Which either was not kid friendly or they were closed to guests and only available to the people attending that conference). Food at the pool or room service did not attract the 15% discount. Suggestion - it would be helpful to mention that from the beginning. ........

So overall - it was a disappointing stay. Maybe we had bad luck but with so many little issues like that, I dont think it's bad luck. We definitely won't stay here again and not recommending it to anyone we know. And the room service fee just took everything too far. For us paying more than $800 a night, it's just not acceptable. General Manager needs to be on top of all these things. And if these are just your standard services, then that's fine. We just wont come back.

Room Tip: Villa rooms are far. A/C was not working properly. overall awful
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara M
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Maz2008

We sincerely regret your Mirage stay was so disappointing, and apologise for the lapse in our usual high level of villa cleanliness.

The situation on arrival - as outlined in your review and advised to our Manager on Duty - is unacceptable, and our Executive Housekeeper is following up with her Villa Team to see just why we fell down in the preparation of your accommodation.

Whilst we do have notes on file regarding your contact with our Guest Services team and MOD regarding servicing of your villa and the In Room Dining Delivery fee (our Manager on Duty was pleased to speak with you and accept your feedback that evening, and, as a gesture of goodwill, waive the Delivery Fee for your order on that occasion), we have no record of issues with the television and air conditioning, and are very sorry that we did not have the opportunity to rectify this for you at the time

Your thoughts and impressions contained within your detailed review have been shared with our resort team. We are especially concerned you did not enjoy the usual warm and personal service we strive daily to extend to all our guests. The experience you shared regarding your daily breakfast visit to Terraces is appreciated, and your comments completely understandable. Our Terraces Manager is incorporating your feedback in the ongoing restaurant team coaching and training program, and we thank you again for your feedback in this regard.

On a more positive note, we are delighted you liked our beautifully refurbished villas which are proving extremely popular with both our return, and new, Mirage guests.

Maz2008, thank you for your recent support in staying with us, and for the time you have taken to post a review. We have updated your profile with the feedback provided on this stay, and if I can personally assist in any way going forward, don’t hesitate to contact me direct. For the moment…our apologies again for our resort not providing you and your family with the stay you were anticipating.

With warm regards