“First time on the gold coast ”

Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

We will be back, it was good value for money and the rooms were lovely. Great location too. Staff wet positive and always happy to help. The gold coast is a great place with pristine beaches and good entertainment

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,658)

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Luxury out standing service from the first day.
We have been going to the Sheraton Mirage for over 18 years. and we always go back .
The service is always outstanding.
Beautiful gardens,gorgeous pool,outstanding service by the staff always with a smile.
The buffet for dinner is always sea food fresh, with a big choice of other food to have.
The rooms are spacious and breathtaking views.
Close to the shops,the beach is on your door step.
We like to thank every one for making welcome.
A big thank you to Mr Mark Sexton for his outstanding caring to his guest.

Stayed: December 2017
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear mariatsolakis53….it was our pleasure to welcome you both back again. We all appreciate this wonderful review on your Mirage sojourn, and I am personally touched and humbled by your kind words of appreciation, and very proud to not only lead, but to be one of our team working together daily to ensure memorable experiences for our guests and patrons. Thank you also for the feedback you provided via guest comment cards, and the associates you nominated for their fine service have been recognized. mariatsolakis52….we wish you both a special Christmas season, and the best of everything for 2018. Many thanks again for your review, and your long and loyal support of our beautiful beachfront resort….warmest regards, Mark

Reviewed 11 December 2017

The Mirage has stood the test of time well. It is still gracious and spacious after all these years. The staff a great and of course the location is wonderful. Waking up to the sound of waves and birds was a treat.

Room Tip: We chose a garden room on the beach side
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

PDT1809….thank you for staying with us on the weekend, and for posting such a special review. Your support is appreciated, and we agree, waking up to the sound of the ocean (and birds) is just the best. Wishing you all the very best for the upcoming Festive Season, and looking forward to welcoming you back in 2018….warmly, Mark

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights, we decided to upgrade our room on arrival as the pool edge rooms are much nicer.

Our stay was amazing, we requested a savoury/ cheese platter which was not available on the room menu - but the kitchen were happy to assist.

Their breakfast has plenty of options to choose from, although a very busy time.
The beach access was a great addition and its a 40min walk to Surfers Paradise, and a $10 uber back.

The fish and chip shop across the road is a must!! It is so fresh and you choose your own food from the open fridges.

Even though this is clearly amazing for families, we also found it peaceful and nkt overly loud. The small water looks and lush greenery make so many areas private near the rooms.

We cant wait to visit again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Meegan C

Thank you for reviewing your September Mirage Romantic Getaway. We are delighted you enjoyed our beautiful resort, and its superb location here on The Spit, and we look forward to welcoming you back for more special couple time in the future. Many thanks for your support, and this wonderful review.

Warm regards
Mark

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Honestly, any reviews putting this hotel down due to customer service is in my opinion, no way possibly true.
I came into the hotel at 9am Friday (check in is 3pm) in a flustered mood. I had left my purse in Melbourne! I had no money (room was obviously pre-paid), no ID and no credit card for pre authorisation ($150 plus $100 for each night stay). I expected a hassle so came straight from the airport.
I had a manager in front of me within 3 minutes who kindly emailed me the necessary paperwork to fill in electronically with my credit card details, and she simply read my emails I provided that confirmed I was indeed the person who booked the room.
She directed me where I could get breakfast paying using tap and go on my phone and told me to come back the moment I had filled in the paperwork.
I filled in my paperwork, sent it off and waited. Check in was at 3pm so there was no need to go back any sooner considering reviews I had read on here told me I would not be able to get in any earlier.
I'd had enough of waiting by 12pm so went in to confirm they had received the documents.
Ms Manager personally comes out to confirm it has been received and assists with check in. I'm in my room by 12:15pm and sipping a cocktail in the pool bar by 1pm.
Everyone has been wonderful.
The room is what you'd expect from an entry level room in a 5 star hotel, adequate and very  comfortable.
Saturday saw a trip to the Oyster Bar for high tea. Oh my goodness. We arrived to a wonderfully simply set table and the food was delicious.
I checked out on Sunday and Ms Manager Jenny again came out to make sure my stay was okay and assisted with check out.
I cannot fault this hotel at all. They accidently charged me twice on my mini bar purchases but as soon as I sent an email informing them, it was refunded within the hour.
Well done team and I look forward to returning next time.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

biancasurfers89….it was fantastic to read your wonderful review, and to learn how our manager welcomed and assisted you during what had been such a difficult morning. For a General Manager it does not get any better than to learn of the actions of a team member who has so personally and empathetically looked after a guest. Thank you for your support in choosing our resort, and for taking the time to share your arrival and stay experience. This is so appreciated, and be assured, our manager is being recognized for her special efforts. We all look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit….hopefully sometime soon biancasurfers89…warmest regards, Mark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
Hilton Surfers Paradise
#12 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
1.2 km away
Meriton Suites Southport

Been to Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast? Share your experiences!