All reviews great location room was clean main road good size minute walk to the beach long weekend would stay here again hairdryer iron toaster surfers cafes
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We are a couple on a long weekend away, travelling on a slight budget. This motel was perfect for us, really good value! The rooms were clean and tidy, also providing tea and coffee. The man who checked us in was friendly and helpful. The location was great, super close to the beach and restaurants. A short drive away to broadbeach and surfers. We were exhausted after arriving in brisbane at 530am. We got to the hotel at 9am, the owner was super kind allowing us an early check in as there was a room available. We were so greatful as it meant we could freshen up and have a sleep before going to explore. Would definitely recommend for the price.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
manager1GoldCoast, Manager at A'Montego Mermaid Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

thank you for your great feed back. We try very hard to offer earlier check ins when rooms are available to do so.
The location as you say great for a quick night or longer stop over.
Our staff are super helpful with knowledge of our local area and will go out of the way to assist when we can.
Great to hear your stay was enjoyable and we may see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

If I worked for WHS (WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY) I would of gotten this place shut down the railing on the balcony and stairs were so corroded it was a accident waiting to happen. The room was so below standard of hygiene I lefted my footwear on around the room and shower... No blanket on the bed and the minky blanket they has was ripped and torn.. If I had of book and paid for the accommodation myself I would of walked away... Star rating so wrong for this place. Motel Association need to review this place urgently..

Room tip: Stay away from not suitable for anyone.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
manager1GoldCoast, Manager at A'Montego Mermaid Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

All rooms are hygienically cleaned with high grade disinfectants. As for blankets are washed regularly and any damaged ones should be reported to the office so that our staff can have them removed from the rooms and new ones replace them.
The carpets are cleaned every departure and tiles are washed at this same time.
Our property is advertised as 2 and offers budget accommodation to the price constrained traveler. Our staircases are checked on a regular basis for any defects and if any are found are repaired as soon as possible and if there is any doubt those staircases are put out of use until the problem is rectified.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Easy access to buses and trams, cafes and restaurant, Pacific Fair shopping center and beach. I think the price was reasonable for Gold Coast where accommodations are so expensive.
Room was very basic. It's okay for a short stay.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for appreciating the motel for what it is .
A budget property in the heart of Mermaid Beach that offers everything close at hand.
Close to public transport, the beach and many restaurants close at hand.
Very basic rooms with nothing special but clean comfortable beds and great little cafe for guest to enjoy.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

The only real plus for this place was the price !! Old, tired, worn-out and badly in need of a lot of work to bring it anywhere near reasonable. At least it was fairly clean. You would think that in the middle of winter they could have at least made the beds with a blanket on them. Not really good enough !!! Why say that you have WIFI when it doesn't work in the rooms??

Room tip: Don't rely on wifi working in your room. If you go there in winter ask for a heater and another blanket.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bf_clarkey
manager1GoldCoast, Manager at A'Montego Mermaid Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Our advertising states that there is wifi but it is not reception signal is not guaranteed in rooms. But it does work in the garden area.
The building is old and in keeping with the old Gold Coast Charm it is hard to keep an old building looking like the new style modern apartments. So if that is want you want to pay for then dont choose and old building located in the heart of Mermaid Beach a few minutes walk to the beach or delectable food a plenty for dinner. The cafe on site offers great food and beverages with discount to guests.
All rooms have heating and the blankets are in the cupboards as standard practice for most motels.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Well you get what you pay for, worst thing is my kids now know how cheap I am.
Man this says 3 and a half stars, the thought of 2 stars scares me.
I could have taken 200 terrible photos, kitchen window didn't close, toilet was on a slant, shoddy powerpoints etc etc.
I made sure this place had wifi cause I'm afraid thats all kids care about these days, well it didn't really work.
I know I know I should have expected it, I'm just to cheap.
Was comfortable enough I close, great location.
But it is the sort of a place if you brought a "Street lady" too she would be offended by how dodgy it was.
Note to self "stop being so cheap"!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
manager1GoldCoast, Manager at A'Montego Mermaid Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

The property is actually advertised as 2 star. Budget property. Old yes but rooms are extremely functional. Our wifi is not guaranteed inside rooms as advertised.
The motel suits those that want to pay for just what they use. NOT pay for resort style property and never use the amenities. The inside of rooms offer clean beds clean bathrooms and the kitchenette has all you need.