“Quite Disappointed”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A group of us ate there today. There were eight of us and we all ordered different meals. I had a salad with smoked salmon. The tomatoes were very tasteless and floury, There was no dressing, a few huge slices of red pepper, huge amounts of small round cut cucumber, very little red onion and an enormous amount of lettuce. There was 6 tiny rounds of smoked salmon - which they charge $15 for. Extremely over priced.
Another friend ordered the lasagne. He said there was little to no eat and quite tasteless. When that was brought to the waiters attention, he said he would let the chef know. Hmmmm
Another friend ordered the Sole. From my seat, it looked dry and very unappealing. Most was left on the plate. I asked him how he liked it and he said there wasn’t much taste and quite dry.
Another friend said she would have the sauce for her steak when she was asked. That cost $5 for a tiny ramekin. It tasted okay but said she wasn’t told it would be extra.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,600)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Fantastic place; covet safe; immaculate and staff courteous relaxed and efficient! Food is suburb , Prices fair, food fantastic!! By far the best Seafood Restaurant on the Coast!! Seafood fresh and well presented. We visit quite often as a family! George still hasnt lost his charm and dresses beautifully!

Reviewed 18 January 2021

My son & I went for an impromptu lunch and we had a beautiful meal. We ordered the Oysters 3 way, Garlic Mussels and Tzatziki dip with Pita bread for our entree. They were divine. My son followed with a Steak Diane for his main & commented that it was one of the best steaks he's had. I got the Sole, omg it was cooked to perfection and took me back to my Childhood when we would set the flounder nets and have them for brunch. We will definitely be back & this will be my "to go to" Seafood Restaurant. 9.5/10 & my son reckons why not 10, there's always room for improvement.

1  Thank Daele1
Reviewed 16 January 2021

I have been visiting this restaurant for many years and it never fails to please. Great value for money, great decor and amazing outlook. The only reason I couldn't give 5 stars is because I ordered the scotch fillet steak, which I couldn't even chew , it was that tough. Everything else was perfect. Will stick to seafood next time. Fabulous service from the waiters. Quite a long wait to get in, but worth it.

Reviewed 13 January 2021

Was charged with getting desert for a few friends: the so-called moist mud cake was dry; the cheesecake was rubbery and the base was sawdust. The Baklava was lovely. Perhaps the cakes should be left in one piece as individual slices dry out - and these were exceptionally dry. Shame!