All reviews yoga retreat sweat lodge north of puerto vallarta room was very clean and comfortable las cuevas beach big room week long retreat wonderful week ocean view jungle hammocks mexico waves excursions accommodations bartender
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

This was my second time staying at Mar de Jade. Both stays were wonderful. I love the comfort, friendly staff, beautiful and intimate setting, good and healthy food, access to various activities and the slow pace. Doing yoga and meditation in this setting was a true gift. This may not be suitable for those who prefer a faster pace and a large variety of options for sports, activities and dining.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank kllMinnesota
Reviewed 11 December 2017

This was my second year staying at Mar de Jade. Laura and her staff are amongst the most caring and loving people I've ever had the pleasure of being around. There is so much history with the hotel and the local people it's hard to just leave it behind without feeling like you're leaving family. There are few places like this left and I 100% recommend planning a restful vacation here. They have much to offer and would fully recommend participating in one of their retreats.

Room Tip: Ask about the running/hiking trail up to the orchard!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank DerekH2227
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I was here for a 8 day yoga training. This place was magical. The staff is very accommodating. The story behind Mar de Jade is awesome and the involvement with the community in Chacala is a bonus.

We were served vegan food daily and coming from a non-vegan the food was fantastic, fresh and lots of variety. The fresh coconuts and smoothies were delicious.

I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a low key, yoga friendly, gorgeous retreat!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

It was a short trip to Chacala and decided to visit Mar de Jade. Beautiful hotel and the food was freshly made from local ingredients . The view to the ocean is breathtaking. Definitely a come back. Thanks

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Cristina C
Reviewed 4 July 2017

I was here for a week long retreat from June 24th - July 1st and I shared a beautiful ocean front room with a stunning view and waves of the ocean with a friend. I enjoyed body surfing in the waves and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food at this resort was aboultely fantastic. It was delicious and tasty and I was truly surprised. It was some of the best food I have ever eaten in smorgesboard style. Very impressive.

I found the pool to be too hot. I almost wished they could put a big HUGE ice cube in it every morning because the weather was so hot! I do not recommend travelling to Mexico in our summer. I was dripping wet all the time. The rooms are air conditioned but the meeting rooms and restaurant were not. There were wild thunder storms in the evenings and it was exceptionally humid. I liked the storms but not the humidity. However, this is not a reflection on the place but rather the weather in this area. Staying here in a different season would be fantastic.

One more thing. There is very little to do other than to do go to the beach or the pool and enjoy yoga and so visitors would have to be prepared for a quiet holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business