“Fantastic! And in Lake Elsinore!”
Review of King Kabob

King Kabob
Ranked #1,418 of 2,089 Restaurants in California Desert
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: Middle Eastern / AfghanFabulous food, Let me know when listed so I can put up my review.
Reviewed 21 May 2015

I cannot resist the lamb kabobs. The lamb is excellent each and every single time. Grilled vegetables and amazing Persian rice, not to mention consistently excellent hummus.

A glass or two of red wine and you're good to go. The food is healthy, fresh, well-prepared and served with tasty vegetarian options as well. The prices are reasonable and the service is just fine.

Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

Excellent food and on Saturday nights lovely belly dancers perform. Make sure you come on a Saturday night at least once.

1  Thank Lynella J
Reviewed 26 February 2015

We visit Lake Elsinore from Chicago twice a year to visit my in-laws who are Persian. We always make sure to stop here for dinner. We missed the belly dancer this trip due to it being Valentine's Day weekend, but my kids think the dancer is some of the most fun that they get to see on vacation!

We start with the Maust'Khiar which is one of the best yogurts anywhere. All tables get warm triangles of pita. The hummus is very fresh and creamy too - just melts in your mouth with the fresh, warm pita!

For dinner, we usually get the chicken soltani platter with the Cherry Rice (GET IT - JUST DO IT!). The soltani platter comes with a koobideh and a barg. Just absolutely wonderfully seasoned and always perfectly cooked. we also get the beef soltani platter - same thing - beef koobideh and beef soltani and we substitute the rice for CHERRY RICE. We have 2 kids, we order one extra chicken koobideh for them - and with the 2 soltani platters, extra koobideh, we have enough food for all 4 of us! the dishes are HUGE! Expect leftovers, which from here are quite amazing even the next day.

My son loves the chocolate cake for dessert, and the cream puffs are just store bought drizzled with chocolate, but the kids love them.

For the price, this is quite possibly one of our favorite places ANYWHERE. My Persian in-laws always stop to talk to the owner, the woman, who you can see does a lot of the cooking in the back. Always fresh, delicious, reasonably priced - WONDERFUL FOOD!!!

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This is by far the superior Persian food within the Inland Empire. Not only is the food delicious but the prices are reasonable. The dining room is intimate. They have a nice bar that serves beer and wine. The first and third Saturday of the month they have family friendly belly dancers!
Our server Sarah was amazing. She made sure the food was cooked to our specification. The owner Haroon came out to see how the food was and we let him know it was amazing.
We ordered the vegetarian spinach dish and the egg plant dish. We ordered hummus and grape leaves for the appetizers.
Let's start with the hummus, it's texture is amazing, it's served with olive oil and red pepper and hot flat bread.
The stuffed grape leaves are stuffed with aromatic rice and cooked to perfection.
The egg plant dish is served with garlic yogurt on top and rice and is flavored with delicious spice and cooked to a soft texture. Very tasty
The spinach dish is flavorful and served with rice that is amazing. There is nothing we ordered that wasn't amazing! We highly recommend!

1  Thank Anna R
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Family restaurant featuring savory food and local wines. Very friendly service with good suggestions.

1  Thank Jesse F