Lakitira Suites(Kardamena)
US$201
US$169
US$106
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

Helona Resort(Kardamena)
US$323
US$306
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$660/night.

Cleopatra Superior Hotel(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$249
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Cleopatra Classic Hotel(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
2,146 results
All reviewschinese restaurantadult barpizzacasablanca barsalt waterbeach barroom in the main hotelevery other dayblue domesanimation teammain restaurantmini bargreat holidayreception staffslide poolsummer palacekos town
Reviewed 26 August 2016

This is the first all inclusive we've ever been on and I was very worried - would it be clean, would we get ill, would I get fed up of the food, would it be value for money?

Well, Norida Beach didn't disappoint. We won't look back - all inclusives are the way forward for us and we will return to Norida Beach or another Mitsis Hotel next year.

Top 10 points (not in any order)
1) Cleanliness - room and general hotel areas/ food areas were spotless
2) Food - plenty of choice, even for fussy eaters. We didn't see much repeated and weren't fed up with the food after 2 weeks.
3) The staff were amazing - so professional and hardworking.
4) Location - within reach of somewhere lively but not in the middle of a hectic resort
5) Well kept pretty grounds
6) The hotel is on a beach
7) Snorkelling and feeding the fish (daily)
8) Amazing family time
9) Alcohol was better than I expected (although the rose wine was a little unusual, everything else was lovely)
10) I felt safe giving my kids independence (within boundaries)
11) Unlimited soft drinks and ice-cream (helped keep the kids cool)
(I've gone over 10 and could continue!)

A few tips

I did have my concerns after reading reviews - the pebbly beach for one. We soon got used to it and it wasn't an issue. After reading reviews I took beach shoes but they were used once and forgotten. I was also concerned about the salt water pools but after a day my kids were used to it and never mentioned it again.

Sun beds are free but people get up early to grab them. We weren't bothered, we based ourselves under a palm tree on the very spongy grass and never had to stress about getting up early. We spent our time between all the pools and the beach so just used the spot as a base. We ended up on the beach late afternoon and found a sun bed easily.

They have a rule about long trousers for men at night but this actually wasn't too strict and as long as shorts weren't swimming shorts it was fine.

The rooms at the top of the hill are up quite a steep hill or steps. This took about 5 minutes at the most and we enjoyed the exercise after eating and drinking more than usual. We would select the same location next time. These rooms wouldn't be good for anyone with mobility problems.

Soft drinks aren't fizzy - I think this is my only complaint, hardly a big deal.

A taxi to Kardamena was 10E each way, so if you are a family of 4 it didn't save much money catching the bus which is not air conditioned.

Greek night was a bit expensive and we wouldn't bother with it again.

The water park on the island was great.

The only problem I have with this holiday is that it has left me with serious holiday blues and my son was heart broken and crying in the airport when we left.

I really can't recommend it highly enough and I can't wait to return to a Mitsis Hotel next year.

Room Tip: select a sea view
7  Thank SuziLomax
CONTACT-NORIDA, Manager at Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

Dear SuziLomax,

Thank you for choosing Norida Beach and for taking the time to publish this flawless review.
We are very happy to read that you were satisfied by all the aspects of your stay, thank you for mentioning in details all the highlights of your holiday especially the service of our personnel, as we always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us.

We are delighted to see that we exceeded your expectations and it's great news that you consider to return to stay with us again next year. In this case please do not hesitate to inform us in advance if there is anything we can do to make it even more special for you.

With best regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Booked this hotel for guaranteed sun for my family with two young boys. Whilst the hotel was overall good value for money (cheap) there were a number of "issues". The air conditioning in the room bearly worked (and cut out when you opened the balcony door-apparently designed that way), neither did the fridge and the TV in the room was about 30 years old (not that we were there to watch TV!). The hotel caters for about 1600 guests so breakfast can be a bit hectic although the staff deal with the quests fairly efficiently. You have to get up at the crack of dawn if you want a subbed by the pool. Not much to do at night and the family entertainment which is in a separate building up the hill is poor. Having said all that I had "dumbed" down sufficiently and was enjoying my holiday as the boys had enjoyed the pools and water park, that is, until the day of departure..check out is midday and we weren't due to leave for the airport until early evening so I enquired and initially was (pleasingly) granted an extra few hours in the room at an extra cost of 30 Euros. I didn't mind the cost as it was hot and we could have a few extra hours by the pool before chilling out in the room. Unfortunately, as we got back to the room about 1pm we were told we couldn't say longer in the room and denied by the staff that they said we could. This then left us in a hot rush to exit the room. Having remonstrated with reception they basically accused me of overstaying my welcome and still insisted on payment. If that wasn't bad enough, because of the rush I hadn't had chance to take back the hotel pool towels for which I had paid 20 Euros deposit ( each) on arrival. On approaching the towel boy for my chit on towel exchange he refused because I had mislaid "the paperwork" and although I had the towels it was more than his job was worth to give me back my deposit. This led to another heated exchange with hotel reception before they finally found their copy of the "contract" for the towels. In summary, cheap holiday, guaranteed sun, friendly staff (until you have a problem as you won't win!!)

4  Thank Stormy722
CONTACT-NORIDA, Manager at Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Dear Stormy722,
Greetings from Mitsis Norida Beach and sunny Kos!
Thank you for taking some of your precious time to share your recent holiday experience.
We are very pleased to read that you and your children have enjoyed the time on Kos.
However, we were sad to find out that some of the aspects were not as you expected to be.
You would allow us to make a small comment in regards to the late check out. Comfort of our guests is our first priority and we are always willing to do everything in order to satisfy all the wishes of our guests, in this case to provide the late check-out. We would like to notice that this service is provided upon availability, so we always let our guests know that they need to confirm the possibility to have the Day Use in the morning of the departure day. Unfortunately due to full occupancy of the hotel on the date of your departure we didn’t have any possibility to offer you the late check-out and on the other hand you didn’t contact the reception to confirm it. Regarding the charge of 15 euro you’ve paid for Day Use, It’s a standard price of the hotel for keeping the room till 2pm ( as you checked out at 2 o’clock) since the official check-out time is 12 o’clock.
As you’ve already mentioned, we keep a refundable deposit of 20 euro for the beach towels, to receive it back you need to bring the receipt confirming the payment, this measure is taken in order to prevent someone else getting your deposit back, in case you lose the receipt it can take a little while to find the copy of it.
Nevertheless here at Norida we consider our guests constructive comments of utmost importance in order to evaluate the level of our services and facilities and we would like to thank you for giving us your feedback.
Rest assured that all of your comments are highly considered and look into by all of us and any possible actions to improve the issues raised will be taken.
We would be very pleased if you would consider visiting us once again in order for us to show you that your stay was an incidental exception rather than the rule.

Best regards
Management team

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Mitsis Norida Beach hotel. Fantastic room, with a sea view (room 947), great location, excellent food and drink, spotlessly clean hotel and pools. Very helpful and friendly staff (a special thanls to Magda on the reception desk). Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank AlfieHew

Dear AlfieHew,
Thank you for sharing with us your comments on Tripadvisor, from which we were very happy to read that you enjoyed your holiday at the Norida Beach.
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us. And it is a great reward to read when our guests travel back to their home countries with the best impressions and memories.
We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to the Norida Beach for another delightful experience.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

We've mainly been to Spain but decided to go to Kos for our holiday/ honeymoon and I have to say I actually prefer Greece.
We had a maisonette on the pool front and it was lovely, up to date, clean (thanks to the lovely cleaner who smiled and said hello everyday)
We had the air conditioning on but downstairs the kids slept with blankets on while it was just right upstairs.
Sunbeds- yes! Get your towels out early else you won't get a bed, or it will be in the afternoon you eventually get one. Your not suppose to but everybody does.

Staff- the entertainment lad from Romania was lovely and chatty! reception desk were helpful, dining staff were great, cleaners, lovely. Bar staff were ok, gave you what you wanted. We found some of the pizza staff a bit moody but didn't ruin our holiday. Our rep Ben from Ireland was very helpful indeed.

We spent time in the sea snorkeling looking at the fish, enjoyed the pool infront of us, it was saltwater so yuk if you swallowed it! I love Zumba and joined in in the pool.
We went on 2 trips to the waterpark and 3 island cruise, these are both great and good prices. Was good to get out of the complex too.
We got the bus into kardemena too which was easy enough.

Food- Book the Greek restaurant 2 days ahead the food is awesome!
We never went for lunch in the main food hall as we couldn't eat so much but breakfast and evening food was fine.

Book everything to be honest! Tennis is free but book. Shower room for late flight home if you book!
Kids games room is hot! €2 for pool but if you go up to the disco/bar above from the church it's only €1
My husband & I enjoyed a JD/coke & Malibu/coke which you can't get on site.
Everything is easy to understand out there, everyone can speak English, the music was known unlike when we went to Spain it was ALL Spanish.
Wifi is terrible!!! ... But I actually enjoyed that we wasn't all glued to our phones for a week after all, we are on holiday.
We would definitely come back and book a maisonette again, maybe for 2 weeks next time.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Kerri L

Dear Kerri L,

We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations and really do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel, if visiting Kos again.
We thank you for mentioning the good service of our staff, the restaurants, the facilities of the resort and crystal clear sea.
For us, the best satisfaction is when guests leave our hotel with the best impressions and memories and intend to recommend it to other families and friends.
Thank you for choosing Norida Beach and we are looking forward to welcome you next summer again!!

With best regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2016

We are a family of 5 just returned after 2 weeks and our first time at this hotel. It was exactly as described by others so mixed bag of good and not so good points.

Good
Location if you dont mind being out of resort, stunning views and buses regular so easy to get out and about.
Decor and cleanliness was great.
Food nice although i disagree with those who say its varied, as below under bad, chinese restaurant is good but book early as you can only book 2 days ahead.
Pizza on beach
Restaurant and bar staff in the main lovely - unfortunately not all as below!

Not good
Sunbed situ, had to set alarm to bag a sunbed or you didnt get one and had to be done before 7am and even though i disagree with it you had no choice. Even then our beds got nicked so dont leave hotel towels on beds as you wont see your 20 euro deposit again. Hotel unsympathetic with this as they say you should be with your bed at all times in spite of having a receipt for payment of towels. Ridiculous. Also with 5 of us it cost 100 euros deposit for towels. Buy your own as less likely to get nicked which we ended up doing for 7 euros each. Hotel need to sort this as not enough beds for number of guests.

Rooms, we had two - one for 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 kids and one for my mum. They were the same size! One mirror in room with 3 girls was not fun, poor husband lived on balcony as it was actually bigger than the room so advise you check what you book, bathroom so small the door doesnt open fully. We coped but not ideal.

Also advise if you are in more than one room and prefer to be close to each other, sort before as we were put away from the main hotel 10 mins up the hill and mum in the main bit which although was good for her, proved difficult for communicating as phones in room didnt work and no mobile signals.

Food, as above nice but very samey, we've stayed in at least 10 other AI hotels and this was the least varied by a mile. No theme nights etc. Put us off as you knew what was coming.

Queues and restaurant buffet were really bad again compared to others. The staff were great at organising this but you'd wait 20 mins to get a table at breakfast and dinner if timed wrong and the buffet area is just not big enough for the amount of people. We chose to sit outside as inside is like school dinners - people walk in front of you, push in etc. It was a challenge getting food to your table in one piece v stressful.

Drinks in tiny plastic cups in daytime, staff dont fill them either so you end up with half a tiny cup so need about 3 drinks!

You need cash! Its 20 euros deposit for everything including pedalos - this humoured me as not likley to run off with it! No kettle in room but can be hired for 20 euros again.

Water sports were good but unfortunately you cant do on really windy days of course and this place is in a really windy spot. Advise you do as soon as you get a calm day, dont leave it as we did as we missed out unfortunately as last 4 days there were no watersports. Kardamena wasn windy so you could do there if needed.

PURSE STOLEN - Biggest tip, pay for a safety deposit box. Cost us 40 euros and none returnable they are not free unlike other hotels. We got one but my mum did'nt and her purse was stolen from her room 3 days before we left sadly with all her cards, cash, bus pass, photos of grankids etc. This happens i know but pretty sure it wasnt random. Hotel management were absolutely terrible at how this was handled. She discovered it at 7pm and was very shaken up as you'd expect.

We had to use hotel phone in the middle of a busy reception area to cancel cards, no offer to use a quiet back room, no one checked her room for a break in we suspect because they probably get this lot and absolutely no empathy whatsoever! They said it was a police matter which is crazy, the purse had been wrapped in a hotel hand towel, taken between 1pm and 5pm and no sign of a break in so make your own conclusion. Without boring you with every detail, the whole situ was a farce - poor poor managers who have never apologised and lied about how they had handled it internally. As said this happens especially in bigger hotels but my issue became more about the poor handling of it than the incident itself. Disgraceful.

Entertainment, fine for day time and the team worked very hard but the evenings are really poor so if you are not bothered about this aspect its ok as hotel bars are nice but everyone just sits playing cards. The theatre up the hill was awful, again like school hall assembly with rows of plastic chairs so no tables, crammed in and warm drinks in the tiny plastic cups. The shows were very amatuer aswell, we've been spoiled with much better previously. With two 11 year olds, and it being all inclusive, this is a key factor for us so its not for you if this is the case for you also. Nothing much for kids over aged 8 indoors at all - they all sat in reception on wifi which is not ideal.

In summary, nice if you want a quieter relaxing holiday or have a car and need a base. This was not for us, in spite of the theft of the purse and how they dealt with it, we felt the same before this happened and my review is based on vast experience of staying in all inclusive hotels so its fair and justified.

Room Tip: Stay In main building if mobility issues and make sure family rooms are big enough.
4  Thank sab784
CONTACT-NORIDA, Manager at Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Dear Sab784,
First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor with your feedback concerning your stay at the Mitsis Norida Beach.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused and sincerely regret that you were not satisfied with the service you received.

We do of course respect all personal opinions, but we do not necessarily agree with all comments mentioned.

Regarding the issue with the missing purse -which in fact could of been lost anywhere at any time-, from our side we provided you with assistance requested but as you understand, there are some certain actions we are not entitled to take as according to the Greek law and only the police department is eligible for those actions. Nevertheless rest assured that even though this was not communicated to you adequately by us, any complain is treated with utmost seriousness and that the correct procedure was followed by the hotel management, unfortunately with no a positive result in your case, as you refused to apply the legal procedure involving the police.

Nevertheless we’d like to thank you for the provided feedback as our guests’ constructive comments and all the points raised are highly considered in order to improve the level of the services offered, as well as the facilities of the hotel, as our aim is always to improve our product, meeting thus the needs and wishes of our guests.

Best regards,