All reviews steam room walk in wardrobe snack bar half board roof terrace table tennis reception area esmeralda beach building work breakfast and dinner fish junior suite min walk hire car the hotel is clean shuttle bus bars restaurants
Reviewed 23 May 2015

My husband and I are just back from Best Age Hotel Costa Calma Feurtaventura and we had a very restful holiday due to the fact there is nothing to do in Costa Calma. Very few shops, very few pubs and very few resturants! It is constantly windy that to go to the beach you get sand blasted. The hotel was great and the staff are very friendly and cannot do enough for you. Roco the singing barman was great. Reynaldo one of the waiters is a lovely lad, very helpful and friendly. Angleo at reception is also very helpful and nothing is too much trouble for him. We wanted a relaxing holiday and that is what we got! Rooms were excellent and quiet at night. Restaurant could have made the food hotter and if you like fish you will be happy, don't expect to get red meat as we had it only once in the week we were there. Turkey, chicken and pork are the main meat dishes, the sweets could do with a bit of an upgrade as it was cake, jelly and tinned fruit every night and some pink or chocolate splodge.
The hotel is at the top of a hill so not good for anyone with walking problems.

Room tip: Take a room overlooking to pool on the top floor as you get the sun most of the day.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank heather m
Reviewed 16 May 2015

We went Half Board Plus. Our room was great. Cleaned 5 days out of 7. However this hotel well away from bar and restaurants not a lot to do in the surrounding area suggest hire a car. The weather was wet windy and I was glad I had my travel kettle. Not much in entertainment guy on an organ. Drinks very expensive and there is really no were to go. Food could have been warmer bit there is a microwave if required. Not got great shopping in the area suggest go day out to the bigger towns. 2 hours by bus to Corralejo booked this at reception however bus 2 hours late (wasn't booked) brief stop at the Dunes. Think the surrounding area has suffered due to current financial climate and all inclusive trends hence why a lot of shops, cafes and restaurants now closed. Thank goodness for the TV on the rainy days.
We had a relaxing holiday but just too quiet true to name Costa Calma.

Room tip: Wifi free at reception if your are luck to get signal. Our room had sun from early morning this on the level of reception 312.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MaggieB123
Reviewed 12 May 2015 via mobile

Booked a 'with drinks' package to this hotel and found it to be excellent value for money!

Had arranged to meet up with friends and we had a lovely time - not sure I would go on our own as not many people about but was good as a group.

Food was very plentiful and always a good choice - nothing really to complain about at all!

Rooms and balcony very spacious and bathroom clean with a good water supply!

A long walk into Costa Calma so a car is recommended but driving around was easy - not much traffic about - and enabled us to get to some lovely places!

Only negative point is the WiFi problem - only in reception and extremely slow! I know you don't go on holiday to spend hours on the internet but it's handy to keep in touch via email and it was virtually impossible most days!

All in all though a lovely hotel and very quiet so good sleep quality!

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne Marie D
Reviewed 12 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed for ten nights, I think we were the only British there, totally dead, hotel great very pleased especially sauna area, hotel is in the wrong location nothing to do, it was like having a holiday on the moon, no tea making facilities in the rooms, the whole island was dead, you need to hire a car as we did and travelled every were, no sights to see at all, the all inclusive has killed this island. If you are looking for bars then don't bother, there are a few but spread out and about half hour walk, taxis very cheap to get back, about 3.50 euros. But they are dead. Great beaches

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashypaula
Reviewed 7 May 2015

My second visit to this hotel - if it wasn’t up to my requirements then surely I’d look elsewhere, but this hotel, it’s location and the surrounding beaches suit me very well. Peaceful and quiet. If you’re looking for exciting animation perhaps you’d be better off elsewhere. Other guests were mainly German with a few English couples and solo travellers but all were friendly talkative and there were some friendships made that could endure longer than the holiday!

Many other solo travellers have commented on their good experiences and there is little I would add other than to express gratitude to all the staff, room service cleaning, restaurant, lobby bar and front desk, all of whom worked hard to make my holiday very enjoyable. It would be unfair to single out any one member of the staff as all contributed to the experience, which in my humble opinion was excellent.

The room I chose was the same as I’d stayed in last time, the room was clean, freshly serviced with snowy white towels, crisp bed linen and comfortable bed.

Meals in the restaurant appear to have improved over last year’s visit. There is a large choice at both breakfast and dinner ( I stayed on half-board terms ). Meals are buffet style and there was always plenty to tempt the palette.

The pools are cleaned daily, usually before 8am, and as I like an early morning swim often it was just the pool cleaner and I vying for which pool to start in. Again the guys cleaning did a great job and always with a smile and a wave. Plenty of sun loungers ranged round the three pools and with the roof top sunbathing area too there was always room to relax and enjoy the sun.

Taxis to the beach daily at advertised times – usually, except on one occasion being the only guest wanting to return at a specific time I had to phone and remind the receptionist, who was full of apologies on my return15 minutes later. Beaches to the south of Costa Calma are excellent but do beware the surf if the tide is making, waves can push you off your feet and recovery somewhat fun!

Already booked to return in October ’15. I would’nt do that if I didn’t like the place!!!

Room tip: Best viewsof pool and Costa Calma from rooms 201 - 218, 301 - 318
Date of stay: April 2015