“Excellent fish”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We walked past this restaurant lunchtime and saw plates of fish and king prawns which drew us back to eat ourselves one evening. Don't usually stop at prime location restaurants as generally overpriced however... my husband had whole sea bass beautifully cooked and a good size, with salad and canarian potatos..........and I had the equally beautifully cooked cherne a filet of the local fish similar to cod, which was moist and flaked easily. My fish also came, to my surprise, with prawns and baby octopus and dressings- very good dish. We shared a dish of roast pork for a starter which was delicious and melted in our mouths. The waiter was very pleasant, as were others who served us. Along with a good bottle of red this came to 64 euros. A good price for well cooked fresh fish in a very nice position / ambience. We couldn't fault it.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Have had the so called experence of visitimg this rip off establishment twice

The first time we had a brillant expierence but today i have come the conclusion that the place is a rip and con run by a certain group who when the senior manager is not present.

The so called duty manager his team are determined rip the tourist off. The so called Duty Manager is aged about 30-45 with dark hair and glasses and his side kick is 30-40 bald hair. When asked speak to the person who is no doubt the senior person or the owner. I was told he is not back until 1500 tomorrow Tuesday bit this is to has I am reporting the estanlishment and the so called duty manager to the police and the spanish equivanlent of trading standards.

The so called Duty Manager told when we questioned the bill we should eat if we want a cheap set course menu to eat at one of the restuarants opposite..

Yet they expect people to leave reviews which I have done and I am prepared to meet with the owners to discuss this matter and in my 40+ years experince in the hospitialy industry have been told to eat elsewhere.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

After coming upon this restaurant while out walking we decided to return to because we found the staff helpful rather than pushy when trying to get our business. We were glad we did. The food was great and they staff are happy and helpful. We will be back (maybe for the pizza that looked so good) and recommend this restaurant to others.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

As you come down from Church Square to the seafront..this is the last restaurant on the left..we have eaten here many times..it has a nice ambience..service always good..food very good steak for one and everyone else had pizza..all good..nice views down on to harbour..excellent wine..reasonably priced..has become a regular place for us to stop..

1  Thank bigbarryEssex
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Always friendly and the food is fresh and good. The pizzas are good whilst you wait and you can see them being prepared.