Restaurante Abordo
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I've been lucky enough to travel to many far flung places that offer very high standards of seafood but Abordo last night beat off even the best of the competition. We arrived at 8pm and from start to finish were treated to the best hospitality and food I have experienced in a long time.

The restaraunt is set just off the square with terraced seating available to the front, with options of both indoor and additional seating along the side of the restaraunt which is covered by awnings making it ideal during lunch in the hot midday sun. The waiters are very attentive and courteous in there manner providing a service that has been lost in many Restaraunt's of the modern age.

To start with we had some cava sangria and took the recommendation of grilled squid and garlic prawns which were both amazing, again the serving of the sangria and the food just completely enhanced the experience. The little touches such as the ceremony of pouring the sangria to the laying of the table in a manner to allow the food to be shared.

For mains we were invited to the fish counter to view the vast array of fresh fish caught that day and asked to choose what fish we would like. We explained the type of fish we like, as in the texture of the meat and the waiter kindly assisted in providing a recommendation based on our descriptions. When mains was presented it arrived on a large silver serving plate dressed in garlic, cherry tomato's and citrus fruits accompanied on the side by Canarian potatoes. IT WAS AMAZING. The fish was cooked to perfection and the flavour running through it was divine while the Canarian potatoes were cooked perfectly with just the right amount of seasoning. We had a bottle of Albarino also chilled to perfection and yet again the waiters enhanced the experience with the attention to detail in the pouring of the wine and the associated ceremony.
To finish we had some amaretto icecream and coffee. It was a wonderful experience in an amazing restaraunt which still provides an old world service. Thank you so much Abordo.

It has been commented in some posts about the restaraunt being pricey and I have to completely disagree. My total bill was €101 with wine and pre dinner drinks making up 50% of the cost of the meal. I would have expected to pay at least twice that at home in a similar restaraunt were the food nor service would have been able to compete with Abordo Restaraunt.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Tenerife and i will continue to return as long as they keep serving delicious fish and seafood, which is always fresh and tasty. I love the potatoes and tomato and onion salad, not to mention the yummy canary sauce. The waiting staff are really nice and always great you with a smile. The food is served promptly and you are never left waiting. Great food, served by great staff

Reviewed 16 July 2017

The restaurant is located very close to the port and the sea. We had a delicious paella and some fine wine. There was some live guitar music. You could choose a fish you want to be cooked. The waiters were very busy with a lot of customers, therefore this was a little down side.

What was good:
- the food and its quality was good

What was bad:
- minor: service was a little slow due to the number of customers

What was weird:
- some guy from the outside tried to sell some roses

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I have been to this restaurant twice a year, a couple of times a week for 4 years to date. And it was my favourite, food was excellent, service and ambience was great. But since it has expanded it has gone down hill.
The music is good though.

The owner does try but he needs new staff. The old manager was not there and the service was terrible. The waiter that was in charge of the fish counter forgot to tell us the price of the fish too.

My friend and I booked a table - got seated ok, after about 15 mins got someone to take a drinks order - no bread delivered to table and our order still had not been taken 50 minutes later. I was ready to walk out then. I caught the eye of the owner to get an order placed. Another 30 minutes to wait for our Paella, and we had finished our wine before we ordered that, but no one came to ask if we needed anything. Paella was ok, but not up to the old standard.

Earlier in the week we were charged 50$ for a fish that was just ok, yes it fed two, but same fish would have been 30$ in November on our last visit.

Sorry but I think it has overextended itself and lost its uniqueness of a spanish fish restaurant. Sorry to say but I will not be going back.

2  Thank RedP0ppy
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Food was not inedible. So, I ate it because I paid for it, no attention was paid to us whatsoever except, of course, when we came to paying the bill (this is why I didn't complain, the bread and butter didn't arrive until after our food so goodness knows how long a complaints procedure would take. We left a substandard tip which is entirely unlike me, this illustrates how awful the food was. We chose the expensive thing on the menu which was the seafood platter with lobster. The lobster was overcooked, the langoustines were larger than said lobster. The bread and butter for 75 cents was nice. Money down the drain!