“My long pending visit to Sinclairs Siliguri ”
Review of Sinclairs Siliguri

Sinclairs Siliguri
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Siliguri
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

This was my visit to nostalgia. I first came to Siliguri in the year 1988 and from that time I had planned to stay in Sinclairs. I told my wife we shall enjoy a legend and not stay in Montana Vista. We were not disappointed. Such an old property but no foul smell, no sign of decay, everything neat and clean. Very friendly staffs, good food, prompt service, perfect pick up and drop from/ to the Airport. What else do you need? I had hired a car for a day and that was also perfectly clean and driven by a very nice gentleman of driver. I recommend wholeheartedly. My only suggestion to the Hotel please don't ask for full advance payment for the airport pick up, it doesn't match with your reputation. Taj or ITC don't ask.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank banerjeejk
Sudhakaran, General Manager at Sinclairs Siliguri, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review and the wonderful comments. It was a privilege for us that you chose to return to Sinclairs Siliguri after your earlier stay, way back in 1988. We have noted your suggestions; generally we ask for advance payments as guests book an airport transfer and do not turn up. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.Your kind words are a great inspiration for our team and we remain committed to provide the best services to our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you to any of the seven locations of Sinclairs in the near future. We assure you of a great stay.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I stayed at this hotel on my way to Bhutan.
A comfortable hotel with nice and tidy rooms. Staff was helpful.
Rooms are clean neatly maintained.
They do not have much of variety in vegetarian food. Taste was not that great as compared to price.
I was leaving at 4 am towards Bhutan. Hotel staff they packed breakfast for me. Packing was good as well.
I would prefer to stay in this hotel during my next trip to North East.

I can not upload video here. You can watch video at youtube channel NVC Life & Throttle.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nchaitanya

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review and the wonderful comments. We are happy that you liked our property and the team members. Please appreciate that the food cost has risen sharply and we prepare fresh food and use ingredients of highest quality. This increases our cost, though our constant endeavour is to offer our guests best value for their money.We will definitely work on widening the choice of vegetarian dishes in the restaurant menu.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Sinclairs Siliguri. We also invite you to visit our six other hotels/resorts in Darjeeling, Dooars, Kalimpong, Burdwan, Ooty and Port Blair. The Sinclairs team in these locations will be happy to serve you.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Nice to stay , room are nice and clean breakfast are nice, staff are helpful and very active at resturent and front office love to come soon for stay next trip.Mr.Gupta was very helpful during this trip thank for that keep rocking .

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank liton s
Sudhakaran, General Manager at Sinclairs Siliguri, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our food. We are also thankful to you for your appreciation of our team members. It is always our objective to ensure that guests who stay with us are happy and they go back with fond memories.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

The hotel, generally, appears tired. The service of staff is okay, but they don't go out of their way to assist. What really soured my experience was an email I received from the hotel after I left. In error I had given an incorrect room number when signing for one of my restaurant meals. At check out I hadn't picked this up. The day after I left the hotel I received an email advising me of the missed payment and how I could make the payment. This is all fine and acceptable. But what got me was then literally a threat, stating that if I didn't pay the bill the staff would be made to pay for my error! I did not appreciate this threat or the implied way that staff are treated. Until then my experience had been relatively neutral; neither impressed nor disappointed. However this tipped the balance. I would choose NOT to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review. We have taken note of the concerns pointed out by you and have briefed our team to be more responsive in serving our guests. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you. We promise you that your next stay will be a delightful experience.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

A comfortable hotel in a quiet oasis
Nice tidy rooms and friendly staff who are more than happy to assist to arrange any local transport
Fantastic food from hotel restaurant
I will return again on my next visit!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JayfromAustralia

Dear Sir,

Thank you for an excellent review of our property. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our food. Your appreciation of the staff will motivate us to work harder to deliver superior services to our guests.