All reviews modern hotel old style wuzhen water town small town waterside luggage china deco tourist corridor deposit wood house
Reviewed 7 August 2018

A very nice place to visit and the accomodation is passably clean. Minimal service but helpful inn keeper. Most of them do not speak English unfortunately so we had to get by with our minimal understanding of the language. Make sure you get back your void deposit credit card receipt because they charged us twice and till today I have not got back my refund from Agoda.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Wuzhen Waterside Hotel is focused on the Chinese tourist which have invaded Wuzen en masse. I had a very poor room which equates to a 3 star motel room; clean basic, no view, just a rooftop. I expect there are many good rooms but mine wasn't one of them. The restaurant was poor, service the same and the wine list overpriced and pathetic. The hotel looks lovely, very glitzy in the reception area but totally a disappointment. I found the staff very unfriendly and not at all helpful, A better option would be to stay in another location and do a day trip of the water town, Not recommended for solo travel unless you can speak the language

Room tip: No recommendation
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at the Waterside Hotel in Wuzhen. Service was excellent, the rooms were clean and the bathroom had decent amenities. The room is not large but definitely sufficient especially considering that it's a pretty big hotel development in the watertown relative to the surrounding structures. It was the perfect place to stay for our visit to the Wuzhen watertown which was also absolutely lovely. When I was there, there were 2 breakfast areas. One was extremely dark and the other very bright with big windows and a glass floor where you could see the water below. So pick where you have your breakfast properly. There is a good spread at breakfast. If you can, start out early. The fresh morning air was wonderful at 8 am in the morning and it's interesting seeing the shops slowly begin to open and people beginning their day. It was very peaceful and serene. At night, we found a little tea house that sells tea, and we sat by the water and chatted for a couple of hours until the store closed. Loved the ambience.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night, and it was lovely. Great location, just off the grand canal, and beautiful rooms. Ours was quite spacious, although it was 2 double beds rather than one single king which was disappointing. The staff were very friendly and helpful although they could not speak English which could have been a big problem if my wife wasn't Chinese. There seems to be a bit of double handling as in you partially check in at the resort HQ, and pay them a deposit for the hotel room. Then you pay for an entry pass into the "resort" area, where all the hotels, shops, restaurants and canals are situated. You then are taken to your hotel by electric carts where you register and ate issued your room key and bags taken care of. After that, you are left to awe at the location. Simply stunning. Funnily, as we were leaving, I said to my wife that it was like being in a large ski resort with multiple hotels and restaurants and bars. Very enjoyable and well worth the visit.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2016

This is just like a Centreparcs location but in China. The "resort" is beautiful but quite large so if wandering at night make a note of locations.
The accommodation was in four poster beds - yes one each! The bedrooms and bathrooms were well equipped and very comfortable. Each "centre" had its own reception and welcome areas. The restaurants all looked superb - we ate in two and both exceeded expectations.
This is a waterpark - we did not have midge problems whilst we were there: April.
Would we go there again should the opportunity exist - yes. It was relaxing and comfortable.

Date of stay: May 2016