Eleana Hotel
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewstoastiescleaned every day except sundaythe air conditioningbasic continental breakfastfruit and yogurtbars and restaurantscheese and hamthe main roadpool viewbread rollsplenty of sunbedshand held showerrecommend this hotelsized poolsmile on her faceshower curtainevery morning
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Just had a week at Eleana and found this hotel to be clean friendly and ideally located. Just minutes walk to beach, bars and restaurants. Our room overlooked the main road and was great for people watching in the evening. The room was spotless cleaned everyday and of ample size as hotel rooms go. One down fall was the lack of a shower curtain and a hand held shower, but this is the only thing i can think of negative. The staff are all lovely and always had time to talk and help booking dinner at restaurants. The pool area is spotless with a good sized pool and plenty of sunbeds. Nothing was too much trouble for the lovely staff here. I never made breakfast so cant comment. I would recommend this hotel for its great location and had a really chilled week here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located close to the center of Argassi. The staff is pretty nice, but the condition are a little below average. The rooms are kind of small but they were cleaned almost every day. To use the air conditioning a 7 euro fee per day is applied. The breakfast was really poor, just some cereals, butter, jelly, biscuites and some toasted sandwiches upon request.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We found Eleana Hotel a great place to stay this summer. From the warm welcome we received from the family on arrival, to all the great chats throughout our four weeks, this place became "home" for us. I can not thank Angela enough for all the support she gave us during our stay. We had a spacious, top floor room overlooking the pool. It was cleaned every day except Sunday, with linen changes twice a week. The pool itself was spotless, and finding a sun lounger was never an issue. We loved the quiet, chilled out vibe, ideal for reading lots of books in the sunshine.

A big thank-you to Violet who worked incredibly hard during the breakfast rush, and always with a smile on her face. There was never an issue with us bringing our own fruit and yogurt to breakfast, and on the days we felt like something different, there were plenty of cheap, tasty options to choose from. Snack Academy, 24/7, and Castillo Beach Bar being favourites!

The Eleana Hotel was a wonderful place for our summer holidays. Our family all agree it really was Angela and her parents who made our stay here so memorable. We definitely hope to be back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank worldtravel33
Reviewed 10 September 2017

First impressions of hotel on arrival was a little underwhelming. Located on a very busy road surrounded by pubs, bars, shops, lots of traffic - it wasn't what I had expected when I booked my holiday - if you're after a room with a view or a beach side apartment or quiet location look elsewhere. If you want to be in the thick of a busy town with everything on your doorstep this could be for you.

The hotel was rated by Jet2 as 3 Star. It only just qualifies as 3 star in my opinion and I have stayed in better.

Staff were friendly and the receptionist was really helpful.
Not wishing to sound disrespectful, I couldn't help but notice the elderly workforce keeping this dated hotel ticking over. Its most recent accolade proudly displayed in reception was a certificate from 1994! I think there is so much potential for this hotel to be better but it felt stuck in a time warp.

With that said the hotel is OK and some positives include the pool area. This is very well maintained and I think is the best feature if this hotel. It is clean, a decent size for a proper swim and no struggle to get a sunbed.

The room I had was very spacious with en-suite bathroom and balcony. Furniture very basic/dated and although Greek beds are notoriously rock hard and uncomfortable my bed on this occasion was the most comfortable rock hard Greek bed I'd slept in during my many stays in Greece and bedding was clean.

The downside to my room was the noise from neighbouring holiday makers. It seems rooms 110 to 122 are on a certain corridor which acts as an echo chamber. This is highlighted by the constant slamming of doors which resonates through the rooms in this corridor. Other guests tend to forget to just close the door gently and instead allow the door to slam shut itself which creates a huge "boom". I do feel this can be corrected by the manager by putting on different doors like they have on the other block of the hotel with soft closing actions. You can guarantee the doors will slam just as your trying to go to sleep or in a morning when people get up and decide to get you up as well whether you want to or not.

I was also frustrated that simple touches like adding a shower curtain are not made available. The bathroom has a bath (no plug - due to water shortage issues) and a silly hand held shower, which makes having a shower difficult without soaking the entire bathroom. Again this can be simply corrected but the excuse of basic Greek accommodation was hinted at - which I'm bored of hearing as an excuse in 2017 for cutting corners. It would make guests much more comfortable to provide a screen or curtain to get showered behind.

The rooms were cleaned daily(except Sunday) which was all good.

Breakfast was a very basic continental breakfast and to be honest it could be a lot better. Most basic breakfasts I've had previously in Greece include fruit and yogurt but here you have a choice of cake, biscuits, toast, cheese & ham toastie and bread rolls. Not the healthiest start to the day and fine if you like beige, carb heavy food. I ate out some mornings for a healthier breakfast.

Overall the hotel is OK as a simple base and I did have a nice break. Just some tweaks are needed here and there to make it a better experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Angela P, Front Office Manager at Eleana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Traveller,

Reading your review I was quite surprised of the detail you picked up on. From the hotel award dated in the late 90's to the 'elderly workforce' amongst the hotel staff. I have to wonder how these details can affect someone's holiday. If a hotel is proud to show a reward or if there's an age limit in hotel staff.
Going over the more important points, the hotel is central, some travellers prefer this as it can be convenient for various reasons. I have to say a traveller that has gone into such detail, didn't make the effort to enquire, to google earth, to read the hotel's website, even to go over other guests reviews to see where there going or what they are intending to book.
The hotel is rated by Jet2 holidays as a 3 star and also by the ministry of tourism.Every so often the hotel makes some renovations and is generally well maintained.
A point where I totally agree with, is the slamming of doors. Unfortunately, amongst other things guests forget there in a hotel and have no consideration for others.Some of doors are wooden and some are aluminium , which won't make a difference either way if people slam their doors.
I can truly understand bathroom facilities not being the same as your home. Most hotels in Greece have the hand held telephone system. It's just a matter of what you are use to. It's definetly not an excuse but a fact that each country is different.
The hotel serves a basic continental breakfast as mentioned on our website and as our agreed tour operators are aware of. In your detailed report you have forgotten the cereal and the muesli for the more 'healthier' start to the day.
Some advise for future travelling, all the information you need is out there 'before' booking your accommodation. The time and effort you have put in , in this review is the same time you need to do your research beforehand , so then you won't feel underwhelmed.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Just got back after a wonderful week in Argassi.The Eleana is a lovely,clean small and very friendly hotel with a lovely pool and wonderful staff.
Angela who seems to work 24/7 does a wonderful job and all needs are always met,nothing is too much trouble.
Myself and my 14 year old daughter loved the quietness by the pool during the day but equally enjoyed the amazing restaurants and bars all within a minute of the hotel.
The choices of food and quiet,lively,greek,english,italian,ocean view restaurants are endless,there is something for all ages.
The beach is pebble in Argassi but the sea and watersports are great!
We took a bus into Zakynthos town for the day which was a beautiful harbour town with lots of history,shops and restaurants.It was only 4Euro return!
We were able to keep our room on for the last day which was brilliant as we didnt leave until 7pm but if we couldnt it really would not have been a problem.
Overall a lovely holiday in a lovely resort in a lovely clean,friendly hotel,cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: overlooking the pool are the quietest rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family