“Boxing Day get away”

O Tassos
Ranked #13 of 20 Restaurants in Galaxidi
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Have been there in the past a few times and I remember by the locals saying that was one of the best taverns in the area. You always consider locals opinion when out in a village. So there I was again with my family to this fish tavern. I can tell the service was very good, well prepared fish food in reasonable prices. Great variety of fish food, along with bits and pieces. The restaurant was packed crowded and still no delays.

2  Thank apapafloratos

Reviewed 30 November 2017

It was lovely to eat fresh fish in such a great location, next to the sea which we all love. We were instantly welcomed and offered a table in our beloved sun. I was here 25 years ago and Galaxidi has not changed much. We had fish, mussels , feta, salad and a couple of beers, and left very satisfied. In fact I was short of 4 euros and the owner said do not worry , his gesture was greatly appreciated. That can happen only in Greece. Luckily I managed to get the 4 euros plus a tip which he fully deserved. The fact that places like that run out of food is a good sign. It would not be cost effective for a local place to have too much fish as they do not know the amount of customers they will have. This is not a high end restaurant with reservations. People should take that into account before criticising. It certainly means their food is fresh, which it was.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We were initially disappointed because none of the warm appetizers were available. Our waitress, who was extremely pleasant and efficient and spoke a perfect English, apologized that the group before us had finished them all. She took us in the kitchen to chose the fresh fish we wanted and we added a chef's salad and a rice dish with mussels. The cod we chose was served fried and was excellent. The salad was fresh and okay but the mussel dish was sup-par. Some overcooked mussels on dry rice. Not at all as was pictured and described on the menu. To her credit, she deducted part of the price of the rice dish. If you go, stick to the fresh fish!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Disappointment - Avoid it

It was a hot noon of August. My wife and me were tired after 3 hours of driving through curly roads, so we parked near the port and we sat in the first restaurant that seemed nice and the waiter did not try to allure us. What a bad choice we made !

Poor food, typical old-age food catalog, limited space, dirty bathrooms.
The worst: three of the five dishes were dirty. It was obvious that they only rinse the dishes them with cold water. If they don't care about the cleanliness of the dishes, I can imagine that they do not care about cleanliness in food preparation, too.

The only positive is that they gave us receipt, but this was probably because we are middle-aged Greeks and we look like tax officers (but we are not).

As a Greek, I would like to sincerely apologize to everyone about the food experience that Tassos and (unfortunately) many more Greek restaurants serve. Our only way to react is to write reviews, so that tourists can make better choices and hopefully the restaurant owners improve their services. I have stopped arguing with the restaurant owners, because they all come up with the same excuses (high costs, high taxes, all the competitors do the same or worse).

I fully agree with another reviewer who wrote:

Tassos is a classical tourist oriented tavern: serving crap food for people who have no point of reference, hoping they will not complain. I would highly NOT recommend Tassos place. As a Greek I feel that quality of food served is well below average Greek cuisine.

In short: Tassos is a disgrace for Greek restaurants and cuisine. Avoid it.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Authentic, simple/low profile fish taverna by the main port road. Great recommendations for 'catch of the day' - some of the best fish selection we have tasted all around Greece.