“Saturday family pub meal”
Review of The Roebuck

The Roebuck
Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Otley
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: British
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A traditional Yorkshire Pub serving honest Yorkshire Fayre, Cask Ales,Continental Beers and fine wines with views over the Wharfe Valley
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

It was our first time at The Roebuck. It was a atmospheric pub with an open fire and a log burner. The restaurant was beautiful with oak beams and real character to the building. The waiting staff for friendly and help. Food was lovely. The restaurant was a tiny bit cooler than I would have preferred but given the sub zero outside temperature I think that is forgiven.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

We had been recommended to try this pub by a friend, and we were not disappointed.
A warm welcome from the bar staff,and a friendly waitress showed us to our table.
Good atmosphere, tastefully furnished, we both had an excellent meal. It was recommended to us by a friend, glad he did, we now have on our list of favourite pubs/ eateries.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Returned for the third time was not disappointed food quality choice and service plus atmosphere very good

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a cheeky lunch today as we haven't been in for a little while. Friendly greetings from the staff and were seen to quickly in regards to ordering. Food was delightful as ever and my boyfriend highly enjoyed the special 16oz steak. Portions were deliciously large and just what was needed on a cold day. Service was attentive and we always appreciate that you can actually have a conversation with the staff. Will definitely be returning again soon!!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I have no idea in the food quality or value for money. But I side with the poster who complained about the lack of any warmth, customer service or even acknowledgment you are there.
Having waited at the bar area for our pre booked table over 25 minutes I decided to leave.
At no point was there any interaction from the manager explaining a delay. Only when I asked how long the table would be were we even acknowledged.

Terrible customer interaction and service from my perspective. The staff are robotics and as the other poster mentioned procedural and unable to think outside of the box.
Why do I have to wait for the table you nominated for me ( guests still eating) when evidently there were other free tables that needed clearing that could have been utilised?
Crazy carry on.
Good luck. Will spend my money elsewhere.

1  Thank anthony1966