“Warrants its star in my opinion”
Review of Shalai Restaurant

Shalai Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Linguaglossa
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Shalai Restaurant : an intimate and familiar atmosphere characterised by an essential design with retrò details where you’ll taste a creative cuisine capable of enhancing the essence of the Sicilian tradition, taking you to a universe of tastes yet to be discovered.
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I was very impressed with this restaurant, my husband less so hence 4 stars. I like small portions so was personally satisfied by what was on offer. My husband really liked his starter which was a prawn linguine..he said incredibly fresh but he didn't like his beef so much. He found it undercooked/ almost raw which wasn't to his taste. I also had a desert which was divine. The only problem being which to chose. Its a pleasant dining space but nothing special compared to some other Michelin starred venues I have been to. I'd suggest dressing relatively smartly. The price is expensive which is what you would expect for such a restaurant. 150 for two without wine for a la carte, more if you wanted the tasting menu. Service was top notch with some appreciated additional touches.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

My second visit at the restaurant. Very nice and friendly staff. Food was perfect, apart from a few details. Price compared with price actually 5 stars. But a bit disappointed with the selection of wine by the glass. (My first visit was 5 :). Can absolutely recommend to stay at the hotel. Lovely rooms.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

I think I can sum up my experience of dinner here with "good balance". There is a nice mix of old and modern in the decor, refined and casual in the atmosphere, professional and warm in the staff and the food is the result of the perfect marriage of genuine Sicilian products and the creativity and artistry of the chef.

1  Thank franceasco
Reviewed 28 October 2016

We went expecting a high quality experience and it reached our expectations. From the service to the plating of the dishes.
Although they were so good that portions could have been slightly bigger to enjoy them more.
The atmosphere was great. Personnel spoke perfect English and the menu was in English too. We had a delighting evening with friends.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Visited shalai again for the third time and were not disappointed
We highly suggest the pasta with foie gras and the 700g rib eye on the bone
Special thanks to dario for his attentive service