Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$220
TripadvisorUS$220
ZenHotels.com
TravelocityUS$220
CheapTicketsUS$220
Orbitz.comUS$220
All reviews north wing fish ol seki malindi airport wahoo marine park set menu f b tuna dhow cruise kenyan coast ocean view heaven on earth white sand food was amazing spacious rooms our honeymoon
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2021 via mobile

All my experience was just perfect! I felt very welcomed and it couldn’t be any better. Staff always tried to help me with everything. The place is not crowded, very quiet. Perfect location. Comfortable, clean, beautiful, spacious rooms, delicious food and friendly staff. What more could you need for a perfect vacation ?

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Melinda Rees, Guest Services / Front Office at Hemingways Watamu, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2021

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and we so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with us. We thank you for choosing to spend your time here and we very much hope to welcome you back again in the future.

All the very best,

Reviewed 24 February 2021

Took a solo trip to Hemingways Watamu for my birthday this weekend and I must say I now know better than to go back there. Making my booking was a nightmare because the phone-calls were never picked up and emails took ages to get a response. I actually had to call Hemingways Nairobi to get transferred to the Watamu desk.

On my birthday itself, I had booked a snorkelling/dolphin watching trip 2 days prior only to realise that they forgot to make the booking after waiting for an hour for the boat to come pick me up. I also tried making a reservation to the spa which the reception forgot to make and I ended up going to the neighbouring hotel (Medina Palms) for a massage. Nonetheless the ladies at the Watamu spa are actually quite amazing and none of it was their fault.

Now what pissed me off the most was when I found out my mum had planned to have a surprise cake delivered to me on the day and this never happened! She paid 2 days in advance and got a confirmation but nothing was done by the hotel and we are now seeking a refund for that.

Thoroughly disappointed with the hotels poor service and for making my favourite day of the year so frustrating.

2  Thank Barbara W
Melinda Rees, Guest Services / Front Office at Hemingways Watamu, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2021

Dear Barbara W,

Thank you for your review and we are truly sorry that we did not get it right for you on your birthday weekend.

We have arranged for the refund for the birthday cake which was mistakenly delivered to the wrong room and we truly regret that this mistake was made.

We have had meetings with both the Excursions and Reception staff to go over communication skills and to strengthen the reservations procedures so as to ensure that reservations do not fall through the systems in the future.

Whilst we cannot change your experience, we do wish to apologise profoundly.

Reviewed 22 February 2021

One of the best holiday locations in Watamu.

All the rooms have sea views and are beautifully appointed with top quality amenities. The entire resort is very clean and has a luxurious feel to it. Food is exceptional and service top notch. They have a large kiddie puddle pool as well as a lovely kid's play room.

We have visited this place 3 times in the past two years and are looking forward to our next visit this year.

Date of stay: March 2020

Dear Jackie N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us a review and we are delighted that you enjoy your holidays with us! WE very much look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

All the very best,

Reviewed 18 February 2021

Where do I start!
A magical place, my wife and I chose Hemingways Watamu as our Honeymoon destination and we were not let down at all - 7 nights at this amazing place!
The hotel is situated at the perfect place - The best views one could ask for! The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and attentive! The spa services are one of the best I have experienced!
The food - Blown away! The variety for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians are plenty! We stayed in the one bedroom apartment and it was the best rooms we have ever stayed in, what makes it even better are the views from the apartment - BLISS! The current situation with the Covid19, their priority to safety, cleanliness and hygiene was unmatched!
A special mention to the following staff for their fantastic services: Austin, Justin, Nelson, Ivy (Trainee - but she is doing a fantastic job), Aggrey, Nathan, Enock, Bernard, Angela and the two managers Julius & Husna! These are just a few names but overall I believe its the team work of all the staff at the hotel!
How could I forget Rita & Dorothy at their spa services! Their services were so good, we had to go twice for the spa services!
We are in awe of this place!

Date of stay: February 2021

Thank you so much for choosing Hemingways as your honeymoon destination and we are so pleased that we could contribute towards making it something very special for you.
We hope to help celebrate anniversaries with you in the future and in the meantime we wish you all the very best as you start your married life together.

Reviewed 18 February 2021

My first time at Hemingways Watamu and we had absolutely mad fun. At first I was surprised by the good package they had with nice discounts. Very clean, cool and friendly staff. Good food too. And they have great activities for residents.
I love to go back to this place even now :)

Room tip: Good ambience
Date of stay: February 2021

Thank you for your review and we are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us! We hope to see you again soon!
Best regards,