All reviews animation team rooms are spacious and clean buffet style during low tide papa remo 7islands swimming pools activities safari kenya
Reviewed 15 June 2017

I was in Watamu for the entire month of May and had booked my stay thru RCI with another resort. I was happy with that resort until one of the workers that I befriended showed me around the area. I was astounded to find 4 other resorts in the close vicinity that were much more like a resort.

I decided to stay at 7 Islands because it was just so beautiful and unlike the place i had booked, it was actually on the ocean. The place was very beautiful and well manicured, and the staff was awesome. Patience, the hotel manager, gave me a discount on the room making it affordable for me to stay at both resorts during the month I was there. So I was able to live at one and then entertain at 7 Islands as I was in Africa from America strictly for pleasure.

They offered an array of breakfast and dinner items in a very nice cafeteria style open air setting. The drawback to this is that it was open to everything including the stray cats and the birds which both would land on the tabletops or at your feet looking for scraps. This was definitely a negative and the fact that it was business as usual to the staff was a little disconcerting, however when in Rome...

The room was gorgeous and very clean but don't expect to see no bugs, its Africa people! There was air conditioner and even a little refrigerator. I think the lights went out once in the 6 days I stayed there but the emergency lights came on very quickly, within minutes. At the other place I was staying the lights were out all night but did not bother me at all. The temp in Watamu was a very comfortable 82 - 85 Degrees.

There are two very nice sized pools and both were very clean and the water was pristine. In addition there was a little kiddie pool with a sandy play area for kids. A full service bar rounded out the area making this a must see place if you visit this area.

This will be the place I stay for sure if I ever visit this region of Africa again. I did visit two of the other resorts as well and one was extremely beautiful and one was just as nice as 7 Islands but both were more pricey. I figure a 4 or 5 star resort is best if its affordable!

Room tip: For best internet access rooms closer to the front desk are best.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Beautiful and clean rooms in a stunning location. The hotel is nested next to one of the best beaches in Watamu (and in the world I'd dare to say). Perfect for families, couples and people who enjoy activities as the hotel offers a ton of them. Restaurant is nice and offers a good variety of dishes. Private access to Papa Remo, one of the best restaurants in town is another great feature. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2017

I was here for my birthday weekend and these guys made me feel at home. They have very nice rooms, clean swimming pools and one of the best beaches I have ever been to and to add to that.. excellent customer service. The food, especially lunch, could use some improvement....other than that I can't wait to go back!!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Confirmed "Set amidst the turquoise Indian Ocean in the Watamu National Park, the 7 Islands Resort is a fusion of Arabic, Swahili and Indian design, handmade furniture and intricate brass lanterns". Immediate access to the white beaches of Watamu -- the Love Islands and their wildlife. The renowned Sea food Restaurant Papa Remo on the Beach was a fantastic dining experience indulging in fresh seafood cuisine and coconut rice.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 6, me and my wife, our daughter, our son and his wife and her brother, all together 3 nationalities dutch, polish and hungarian. The welcome at 7islands was cordially with a nice drink and good explanation of the staff and cheerful introduction by the 'special host' Pepe. The complex is spatious, well designed, still new and beautiful with wonderful lobby, a large nice swimming pool and another one, restaurant, etc. nice gardens. The rooms were very nice with all comfort. The staff is very friendly en helpful and makes you feel really welcome. Many guests are italian here and the staff speaks italian, but also very good english so we had no problem wirh communication whatsoever. Actually our special host Pepe also speaks French and some Polish - was very funny. The food and drinks were good, with nice entertainment, water aerobics, beach party at Papa Remo's - where you also can get very good food (and great coctails). The beach is nice with fantastic things and ecosystem to see at the islands, the only nuisance were the inevitable beachboys but if you ignore them consistently they will eventually leave you alone. We had a wonderful excursion spotting dolphins and snorkelling seeing thousands of nice fish, and also a very nice lunch experience at the 'crab shack' on the mangrove coast. All together I recommend highly.

Date of stay: March 2017