Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores(Pine Knoll Shores)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$242
US$190
US$177
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

US$130
QualityInn
Sandpiper Motel(Atlantic Beach)
US$141
US$115
The Sand Dollar Motel(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$75
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$139
All reviewsacross the streetcookiesatlantic beachgolf coursepopcorn machinecomplimentary breakfastyogurtthe breakfast areapublic accessocean viewexcellent breakfastmorehead citywonderful staytwo double bedsoutdoor poolvery nice hotelsitting area
Reviewed 1 August 2016

This hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. Everyone was really nice and they did honor my request for an early check in and late checkout. The pool is a little small and the beach access is like walking through a jungle, but the beach is AMAZING. Not crowded at all. Its worth the stay. Just wish it were right on the beach. That 200 yards is far when it is hot and you are lugging coolers and chairs and kids.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Athena W
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Around 1:30am Sunday, July 31, the fire alarm sounded during my most recent stay. There's no way to tolerate the alarm, so you cannot ignore it, even if you're deeply asleep as I was. Evacuating to the hotel parking lot, I watched emergency crews roll-up and pour into the hotel to assess the alarm and situation. Since the firemen did not disarm the ear-splitting alarm for what seemed to be around 15 minutes, and since it took about an hour to give guests the all-clear to return to their rooms, I assume it was a real issue and not a false alarm. Things like this can happen sometimes, so you just deal with it, and then go back to sleep. But after falling asleep, I was awakened again to what sounded like someone beating and ramming my hotel room door, screaming "OPEN THE DOOR NOW, THIS IS THE FIRE DEPARTMENT, OPEN YOUR GUEST ROOM DOOR NOW!" I was terrified, awaking for a second time with my heart beating out of my chest, trying to pull on some clothes while fumbling in the dark. As I looked through the peephole, the man I saw was NOT in uniform, but he continued to scream at me and threaten to break open the door. I was still fumbling with my clothes while trying to disengage the safety lock, so the door opened a couple of inches and got stuck on the safety lock latch. The plain clothes man yelled more, and all I could do was to cry out: "I'm trying to put on my clothes and open the door, I'm trying..." I am shaking now just reliving the event as I type, I was so terrified, who is this man, am I in danger?!? When I opened the door, the man demanded "Is there water damage in your room?" I was so confused and scared, I know I said something like "I don't think so," and the man made a quick about face, marching a few steps down the hall, and began beating and screaming at another door.

As a female traveler who patiently waited while the hotel was given the all clear to allow guests back into their rooms after a fire alarm, a woman who knows if it was a real emergency and not a malicious threat, the alarm would sound again, as someone who's awakening a second time from a deep sleep confused and scared, would you open the door to a man who's not wearing the fire department uniforms you noticed most of them wearing hours earlier? A hotel knows full well that if a guest has water damage in their room following an emergency evacuation, that guest will absolutely inform the front desk immediately. There is no need to awaken them to pleasantly inquire if everything is still good with the room, much less how I was asked. And the Fire Department wouldn't give an all clear, allowing guests back into their rooms, only to terror-quiz guests about water damage at 3am? I won't even go on with the fire alarm that sounded sometime after I was finally able to calm my nerves and fall asleep for the third time that night. I will say that the Front Desk showed little empathy when I asked what was up with nearly breaking my guest room door down in the middle of the night, merely commenting that it happened to only a few guests, and taking my folio from my hands. Yep, in very poor taste, every departing guest awoke Sunday to find their folio under their door with full charges for the night.

This was my long-standing favorite place to stay on the Crystal Coast and I've posted past positive reviews. However, I will not put my life in real or perceived jeopardy by staying there ever again, as I do not trust the hotel's weekend employees to properly manage and react to real or precautionary emergencies.

Room Tip: Nonsmokers avoid 2nd floor, there's a handful of smoking rooms with poor circulation, causing entire 2nd floor hallway to reek of smoke.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank TeamSkillz
GM-HIAB, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We do understand the inconvenience it may have caused, but let me assure you that the Crew checking each room for possible damage was the fire department volunteers. We are a small town and the fire department does uses help from local volunteers. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay as we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

Selected this hotel due to it's location across the road from the beach. Had to wait 45 minutes after check-in time to get into our room (others waited longer). Meanwhile, the manager (instead of assisting with getting rooms ready) leaned on the counter telling the desk clerks what to tell the customers (who were right there and could hear everything she told them to tell us). The furniture in the lobby was stained, and the entranceway dirty. The rooms were fine and the location was great for the beach and nearby food.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

The good: hotel is situated in a good spot. The road you cross to get to the beach isn't bad at all and a very short walk. We were on the first floor so there was no ocean view but it worked out better for walking all our stuff back and forth to the beach. We were glad we checked in ahead of time, our room was ready when we arrived and check in was simple. Many others were being told there was a wait to check in since rooms were not ready even though it was after 4. The lobby was very busy. The rooms are clean and if your used to Hamptons this one is just fine. They offer the usual breakfast along with cookies, popcorn and lemonade in the afternoon. The pool was fine too.
The not so great: get breakfast early if you can. The food gets cleaned out fast! Our second day there, after being on the beach all day, we came back to the room at 4 only to see it was never cleaned. When I went to the front desk to ask them to clean, the woman working the counter was VERY rude. No apology no anything. All she asked was if we were leaving to room. Then she got on a call to have to room cleaned. I'm sorry but 4pm is too late to not have a clean room. And to not be apologetic at all about it. Very disappointing at a Hampton.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016

We went to the area for a couple of days to be together and spend a night away. Had an excellent trip with the overall comfort of the room really adding to our experience in a positive way. Will stay here again if decide to return to area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple