“Great beach acces”

The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
Reviewed 22 September 2008

This was my first stay in North Carolina and was pleasantly surprised. All rooms having a beach view is wonderful, kudos to the designer! We stayed on the top floor and the room was very clean.

The only problems: The tub in our room and my cousin's drains slowly as you are showering. Our T.V. had a very odd buzzing sound coming from the back of the T.V. We were greeted with a 1"+ cockroach coming out of the restaurant and there was another one in the hallway on our floor. Gross!

We still ate at the restaurant for breakfast and all of our breakfasts were great. Everyone was very pleasant and nice. Hot tub was nice and hot, pool was great too! Bummer they allow smoking around the pool, but with the wind, it wasn't horrible.

They have very funny "guest" rules in the room, a copy is available at the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 September 2008

My entire trip was wonderful! Everything from making the reservations to the check out (which was a little sad because I didnt want to leave). The staff was great the rooms were nice and clean and comfortable. Our view from the room was the best! This was our first trip to the Clamdigger but it will not be our last!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2008

Value is the word that comes to mind in writing about this hotel. The midweek price is very reasonable. This is our second visit. Our first was 3 years ago. All the rooms overlook the ocean, and my husband and I specified a room on an upper floor for a great view. The rooms are clean and modern, and the microwave and refrigerator allow you to have some meals in. The hotel food is just adequate (but inexpensive) and there are no good restaurants close by if you are a foodie, so we drive 20 minutes to Beaufort for more special food. Towels were provided by the hotel at no charge for the beach. We rented the chairs, little table and beach umbrella which made our beach experience even nicer. I was surprised to read the review from the people who did not like the hard beds, since our beds were too soft! Importantly, even though there were people of all ages staying at the hotel, the guests were quiet and respectful. Most of the staff are pleasant and helpful. Overall, considering the reasonable price for a beach vacation, we were very pleased and will visit again soon.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2008

My mother, grandmother and my 2 kids just came back from the Clamdigger after a 3 night stay and I only had a couple of complaints.

First of all, they need to have more of those carts you use to haul your luggage up to your room. The whole hotel only has 4 or 5, so I had to haul everyone's luggage up on my own with no cart because they were all being used and I tried waiting but no one was returning them. Second, I requested a non-smoking room and was given a "non-smoking room", however, you could clearly smell old stale cigarette smoke in the room.

Lastly, the hostess at the restaurant who has the dark short hair is a GRUMP!! Anytime she showed someone to a table, including us, she literally tossed the menus at the table. Very rude and she could hardly crack a smile. This is my 5th trip to the Clamdigger and you cannot beat the view this hotel provides. However, there a few things this hotel needs to work on.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 August 2008

We had stayed here a few years ago and were pleased, but some of the reviews almost scared us off from going back. I'm glad we went! The rooms are decent size and clean. The rooms are all oceanfront, and cost about half of what oceanfront rooms cost at the near-by Sheraton. There is a restaurant in the motel. I wish they had free continental breakfast, but they do not. They do have some nice 'extras': small refrig & microwave in rooms, beach umbrella sets for rent, a poolside bar, towels outside for pool and beach use, a 'charge ticket' one can use for everything at the motel during your stay, nice balconey, etc.

There are some negatives as well: While you can request a non-smoking room, they will not guarantee it, and you must give 2 days notice to cancel- this concerned us since my child has asthma and we could not have taken a smoking room and would have lost 1 night's deposit, had we arrived to find no non-smoking rooms available. The A/C unit was loud. The umbrella sets are taken up at 5pm and the poolside bar closed then also. While eating in the restaurant, something dripped on my head from the ceiling and I saw this happen to someone else at another table the next day.

We love the Atlantic Beach/Pine Knoll Shores area, but if you have never been here, be aware that you must drive several miles to get to most anywhere to eat, for minature golf, etc.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay,

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pine Knoll Shores
5.9 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
5.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
19.7 km away
Islander Hotel & Resort
Islander Hotel & Resort
#1 of 3 in Emerald Isle

Been to The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores? Share your experiences!