The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach(Pine Knoll Shores)(Great Value!)
US$107
Palm Suites(Atlantic Beach)
US$71
Hotels.com
US$57
Windjammer Inn(Pine Knoll Shores)
Atlantis Lodge(Pine Knoll Shores)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsclam diggerpool baron site restaurantoff seasonfront desk manageratlantic beachseafoodoceanfront rooman older hotelsmall fridgecoffee makerhot tubnon smokingthe beach is greatbeach hotelnc coastrelaxing stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2007

We absolutely loved our stay. Everyone was very friendly, the rooms were clean, the bar and lounge is a plus at night and Jimmy the bartender makes the best drinks. The restaurant was just ok but The Channel Marker Restaurant by the bridge was our favorite and second was DJ Shooters about 5 miles down the road. The pool was great and at lunchtime they open the bar outside and serve good hotdogs. The beach was nice and quiet and very clean. A must to see is Ft. Macon, the Aquarium, and a trip to Beaufort to shop and take a boat ride is a nice day out. Plenty of different destinations. We loved Cape Lookout Lighthouse and Shackelford Banks with the wild horses. My husband and I are planning on returning again for another relaxing stay. Another plus is that the rooms are very quiet.

Stayed: May 2007
5  Thank bambygirl
Reviewed 25 April 2007

The good things I can say about the Clamdigger Inn is that the staff were very friendly, the parking was plentiful and the location was great! While we were there, the parking lot was being resurfaced and it looked great. The negatives about the Clamdigger Inn were the cleanliness of the bathroom and the bed. The bathroom was not as clean as I would have liked it to be. The worst thing about our entire stay was the bed. After two miserable nights, I talked to the front desk staff about the bed. The lady at the front desk said that all their beds are "very firm". Okay, I know firm but hard as a rock is a little too much. That night before going to bed, I peeked under the mattress. To my surprise, I found a piece of plywood. No wonder the mattress was "very firm". We promptly removed the plywood and stuck it in the stairwell. The mattress was a little better but we still did not sleep well the rest of our stay . The other complaint I have is about the restaurant. We ate breakfast two mornings at the restaurant. The first morning, we have eggs and hashbrowns which were good. The next day, we had pancakes and sausage. By noon that day, we began suffering heartburn and diarrhea. Thank goodness for Pepto. I don't think you can screw up pancakes so we guess it was the sausage. I have stayed at the Clamdigger Inn many times when it was the Ramada Inn. In the past, I always had a wonderful stay with no complaints. Since the Inn is now privately owned, it has definitely gone downhill. Unfortunately, I will not be staying there again and cannot recommend it to others!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank watyrcrystal
Reviewed 8 April 2007

We were refered to the Clam Digger Inn from a really nice lady who runs a bed and breakfast. We drove from Claudville, VA. I have stayed at Emerald Isle quite a few times before, my family used to come down for a week every summer. But my husband had never been before. When we got there the man who was at the front desk was ADORABLE..he was veryyy sweet, and explained everything we needed to know. They provide carts for you to carry your luggage to your room (which I thought was a great idea). When we got in the room it seemed to be VERY clean, and the view from our private balcony was wonderful. They have brochures for a lot of the things to do around the beaches. The staff also seemed to be pretty knowledgable. There were a few other things that I thought were particularly wonderful about this hotel. They have a pool table, a free jukebox, a DJ comes to play music on Friday and Saturday nights, if you want to walk on the beach at night they will loan you a flash light, and the resturaunt was WONDERFUL!! The only thing that I didn't care for was the fact that the maid comes by the room at the crack of dawn and beats down your door. But at least you know that your rooms are clean! My husband and I plan on comming back in July to stay here again, we LOVED it!!

Stayed: April 2007
3  Thank beechlover
Reviewed 12 January 2007

My husband and I spent 3 nights at this hotel and were impressed by the rate and what the hotel had to offer. Since it was our first trip to Emerald Isle we did a lot of research online and picked this hotel because of its location, ocean front rooms and balconies and of course the price. It is an older hotel and you can tell by the rooms. I also felt the facility was modest with the amenities, but the rate and view made up for it. I would recommend this facility to anyone who is traveling on a budget and ok with staying in an older/average hotel.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jkkoalabr
Reviewed 16 November 2006

The Clam Digger Inn, formerly the Ramada Inn, is a great place to stay. My wife and I stayed there for the weekend. We had a fabulous view. The staff was wonderful and we had a very engaging waiter at dnner. Breakfast was very reasonably priced...especially considering it was "hotel restaurant prices." There was no rip-off mechanism employed at all. The OJ was fresh-squeezed and the country ham was excellent. We had an awesome time and we have already booked another weekend away.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank NTWrite