“Fabulous Evening!”

Cuisines: South American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2016

We certainly hit it right! We arrived early and the place wasn't full. Vivian was the only waitress on staff but she was efficient and even spent some time with us helping translate the menu. We ordered a basic mixed salad ( I do wish the Uruguan restaurants would make some good dressings. Vinegar & oil gets boring!) We ordered the mushrooms stuffed with cheese and the ravioli in the house tomato sauce. Both were fabulous! Our mouths did happy dances. High end food. It possibly could be a touristy restaurant but we hit it off season and the food was excellent as well as the service. We would have gone back for an encore if we had not had to leave town.

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

The place is wonderful, the view spectacular, specially 'cause it was a fresh and bright sunny day.
The service started bad, almost rough. I think we looked to much touristic and they expected us to choose cheap. After we order fish they started to behave quite nice.
Sory for the 'dourado' a special fish once abundant now became less easy to find.
It is a very good fish, however dry meat which requires some dedication for not to taste just 'salt/grilled'
All of us expect so much from it and got disapointed

Reviewed 30 August 2016

The lady in my hotel recommended this restaurant, particularly for the fish from the river Uruguay. As with most restaurants in Uruguay, they open at 8pm and I was there promptly thereafter as I was more than ready to eat. I ordered the Dorado (river fish) which was simply cooked very tasty, the accompanying creamed potatoes were bland and tasteless.. Again, as with most restaurants, they don't serve vegetables (except for mashed squash) so I ordered a side salad which was also plain. The service was good butt, as the restaurant gradually filled, the two waiters became more and more busy. I asked for and received the desert menu but after waiting more than half an hour for the waiter to return and having been there for two hours, I concluded that eating desert was likely to add another hour to my stay. So, I got up, paid my bill and left. I had watched as two other family groups came in, waited in vain to be attended to and left. It was a Saturday on a holiday weekend which would explain the activity.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Went there to celebrate a intimate anniversary with my wife, loved it. very well cooked food and very nice waitress who quickly adapted to our simple ways. Hope they don´t ever forget how important is the waiter as well as the food. Definitely coming back soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2016

This restaurant, by the river, is the best place that we ate in Salto. The food was tasty and well cooked and the service very good. The only disappointment was the potatoe balls that were served with out meat and fish dishes that we ordered. If only they served freshly made fries or baked potatoes, then the experience would have been better.