“Great octopus”

Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2015

Mar Deleva was my favourite fish restaurant in Playa Del Carmen, even though I didn't try a lot of them. It definitely left a mark on my short holiday. It didn't look any special from outside but I passed it every day on my way from the hotel and I had to try it.

I was dining with my friend and we were sitting on the terrace. We came early so we got the table closer to the edge with the beautiful view. There were a lot of hungry cats on the hill waiting for some drops but they were not disturbing at all. There were a lot of waiting staff ready to help and serve. We had a small carafe of white house wine which was very nice. For the main I had a grill octopus with Canarian wrinkly potatoes and salad and my friend Calamari also with wrinkly potatoes. They came with three little pots of their authentic sauces, Red Mojo, Green peppers sauce and garlic majonese. When we run out they were promptly toped up. My octopus was probably the best one I have ever tried. Nice and tender, slightly grilled on the edges. Calamari were fresh as well.

Although we didn't sit inside, the restaurant looked very cosy. The bathroom was clean and modern.
I really recommend this restaurant if you fancy fresh fish and have a great view at the ocean.

1  Thank Greco1979

Reviewed 8 May 2015 via mobile

Despite arriving just after the cut off time for ordering Tapas, the staff very obligingly agreed to serve our party of 6 as we were unaware they stopped doing so at 3:30pm. Food quality and service were both excellent. Very reasonably priced too. Lovely location overlooking the harbour. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 May 2015

Great views and food is lovely. I had the grilled squid which was beautiful.

Although slightly more expensive than restaurants on the strip (this is in the old town overlooking the harbour), you absolutely get what you pay for and not expensive at all by London standards.

Reviewed 6 May 2015

I loved this place the staff are friendly and helpful giving good quality service. We ate here twice, first trying the paella and on the next visit the fish stew, both were excellent. The view of the port, day or night, is a real bonus. I will definitely come back to eat here again.

Reviewed 5 May 2015

We have been going here for four years and it never disappoints. Good food, particularly the fish and paella ( not forgetting the octopus salad), excellent service and a great view. We were staying in Puerto Calero, but travelled here to eat 4 times.