Before our stay at Boheme, we thought that the TA reviews for this hotel were too good to be true, however we're pleased to confirm that this really is a special hotel in all the right ways.
We booked a 5 night spring break as a result of spotting a Secret Escapes discount deal, so were slightly stunned on arrival to be upgraded from the standard suite to a Honeymoon Suite. We loved having the additional benefits of a jacuzzi tub on the big balcony, and also having two poufs to relax on, not just the table and chairs which appeared to be all that the standard rooms had.
The suite itself was lovely, with modern chic decor in a large bedroom with king size bed, sofa and desk, and then some shelves with open hanging space above. We did think this storage was a little limited for more than a couple of nights stay, and some enclosed storage would have been useful. The style is very minimalist in the bedroom, which was fine but we felt the bare grey plaster in the bathroom was slightly odd and white would have worked better. But we are being very pernickety here!
We enjoyed our breakfasts on the balcony in the mornings, and you could make your choices from the varied hot and cold menu anytime the day before, until late into the night, although if you left it too late you could find your chosen time slot taken, as they book at 20 min intervals. The cheerful breakfast delivery guy tends to be ten minutes early so be prepared!
The staff at this hotel are exemplary and other hotels could definitely take a leaf out of their book - welcoming, friendly and helpful without fail, with someone always on hand to assist in both the reception and bar areas.
We only had one meal at the hotel, a very nice lunch on our first day, but we enjoyed a number of excellent cocktails at sunset - Strawberry Daquiri and Chilli Mojitos are highly recommended!
Location wise, the hotel is ideally situated on a peaceful hillside with sea views, a short 10 min walk down to the lively town. We were happy to walk down each evening for dinner, and then the climb back up afterwards assuaged some of our guilt from over indulgence!
This hotel is also a great base to explore the island, if you can bear to leave your comfortable spot by the pool! The hotel will arrange a Hertz hire car to be delivered for you (40 Euros a day for a small Seat Mii). Our favourite trips out were:
1) Undeveloped Aghios Sostis beach, with the wonderful Kikis Taverna above for a BBQ lunch,
2) Bicycle tour followed by sampling of wine and other local products at the owners vineyard, in the rustic countryside on the east side of the island, outside of Ano Mera, courtesy of Yummy Pedals. This is a great way to explore another side of Mykonos, and also to hear about local issues from the lovely business owner who escorts you. Her easiest tour is not too strenuous and we had no issues despite lack of fitness and big Greek meals! You can catch a bus from the station near the old port to get to Ano Mera, where they will pick you up and take you to the vineyard.
Overall we had a fantastic time at this lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 300 metres from the lively Mykonos Town, Boheme features a free-form pool and a furnished sun terrace with unobstructed sea view. It has a poolside snack bar and a restaurant, and offers air-conditioned accommodation with free Wi-Fi.The suites of Boheme open to a balcony or terrace enjoying views over the Aegean Sea. They are equipped with satellite TV and a fridge. Each features a seating area and a private bathroom stocked with hairdryer and bathrobes.A la carte breakfast is served daily in the guestrooms or on the terrace, while guests can also enjoy a variety of beverages and drinks at the snack bar by the pool. Mediterranean dishes can also be enjoyed at the on-site restaurant for lunch or dinner.Staff at the front desk can arrange car rental and can provide information on excursions in the area. A transfer from and to the airport is provided upon request and at extra charge.Boheme is situated 2 km from the Old Port of Mykonos and 4 km from the new port. Mykonos Airport is 2 km away, while the famous Psarrou Beach is at a distance of 3.5 Km. Free private parking is possible on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Boheme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carrop Tree Mykonos
- Boheme Mykonos/Mykonos Town