All reviews grand suite min walk from the hotel booked a junior suite myconian style super kind free shuttle shuttle service small gym hotel owners hotel offer a family run hotel pool area is port airport stunning hotel the wi fi the entire hotel a lovely stay
Reviewed 29 March 2009

We spent 3 very nice quiet nights here. The owners could not do enough to ensure our stay was easy and relaxed as possible. Very nice breakfast is included in the price and they picked us up and dropped us off at the port (will also do the same for the airport).

The hotel is situated 2/3 kms uphill from the port, a good walk if you need to walk off dinner.

Very nice pool area with great views of the island interior.

Date of stay: March 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2009

I was hesitant about staying at Arhontiko Pension since it was away from Hora itself, but it was more affordable, so we took a chance. I was SO happy with the decision.

First, we let the hotel know we were coming and a man named Takis came to pick us up. I was blown away when we got to the pension. It ended up being one of the nicest places we stayed at in Greece! I went with 3 other girls and it was very roomy. We each had our own beds. The only downside to the room was that there was no shower curtain in the bathroom so the bathroom would get pretty wet (but throughout my travels in Europe, this seemed to be common). Because it was outside the city, any time we needed a ride into the city, we just asked them a few hours ahead and they accommodated us every time (within reasonable hours I'm sure). We did end up renting a car one day (through the front desk) to explore all the beaches on Mykonos. Breakfast was included in our room and a nice extra. This is a family-owned place and it adds to the character. Everyone was so friendly. The pool was gorgeous and the perfect temperature and they have lounge chairs and daybeds and umbrellas. There's a bar there and you can also order food. I would definitely stay there again. I even got their business card in case I ever end up on Mykonos (paradise!) again (see below for into).

PROS:
- Great value
- Beautiful grounds
- Spacious rooms (had TV, refrigerator, safety deposit box) (ours even had a little patio w/ chairs, but we only used it to dry our swim suits)
- Breakfast included (juice, coffee, milk, cereal, bread, cheese, hard-boiled eggs, deli meats, fresh fruit, and more)
- Friendly people in a family-owned resort
- Pool (salt water)
- Bar
- Kitchen
- Airport transfers

CONS:
- Not within town
- No shower curtain

In conclusion, the good outweight the bad and I would definitely return here.

(Here's their info from the business card: [-] or email them at [-])

Date of stay: May 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank nutstarr02
Reviewed 9 August 2008

Arhontiko was the first stop of our 4 week holiday on the Greek Islands and WOW what a fantastic experience ,especially for our two teenage children aged 19 and 17 , as this was their first overseas experience. We knew from the moment when Taki picked us up from the airport that we had made the right choice. It was all laughs and excitement from the beginning. We had the most wonderful 6 nights and were sorry to be leaving. The friendliness, cleanliness, service and great accommodation was exemplary. Nothing was too much trouble, everything was with a smile ,from Leonora in the kitchen to Sophia on Reception to Vasso and of course Kosta. The rooms were spotless, made up each day with the freshest of sheets, All in all an excellent hotel and we would not hesitate in recommending it and we will most definitely be returning in the future. Thank you Taki, Sophia, Vasso and Kyrio Kosta for making us so welcome we loved staying at your hotel and you proved to be professionaL hosts. Evangelos, Vassoula Chrissie and Philip Mavros

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank emavros
Reviewed 31 July 2008

After two years I returned again to Arhontiko at Mykonos just for a few days of vacations. The good news is that Arhontiko retains its high quality and remains an excellent price-for-value choice!
The place is nice, clean and luxurious, the pool excellent and the pool bar prices quite normal for all the variety of choices that it offers (the club sandwich is an excellent choice :-) ).
The couple Sofia and Takis still have the management of the hotel, making you feel like at home! During my book, it was also arranged Takis to pick me and my girlfriend from the airport with the hotel's mini-van, which is very comfortable and air-conditioned.
The room, was nice and clean, with traditional Greek bath and it had pool view, which was magnificent during the night.
We had a lovely time at Arhontiko again!!!

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank e_haris
Reviewed 25 June 2008

Myself and my daughter along with her teenage friend spent a week in the Arhontiko Pension..We later found out Arhontiko means 'Palace' in Greece ..and It certainly lives up to its name ..The ambience is fantastic, Service is always with a smile and a personal touch . If your looking for a great experience with a touch of class and friendly greek hospitality then this is definatley the place to stay.

Date of stay: June 2008