“Lovely and very fast wifi!”
Review of To Paradosiakon

To Paradosiakon
Ranked #125 of 223 Restaurants in Corfu Town
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Paradosiakon, is one of the best taverns of Corfu and operates since the 30s, in the region Spilia in Palaia Poli. It is an authentic tavern with Corfiot delicacies and traditional recipes coming from grandmother drawer, following the traditional ways of preparation and using pure fresh ingredients carefully selected. It is recommended by the most well known, foreign tour guides (MARCO POLO, GUIDE DE ROUTARD, LET'S GO), while its location creates the ideal atmosphere for a meal on the island, as it is located in one of the most romantic and picturesque pedestrian streets in the region of Spilia. Our trademark is the fresh fish and the local meat on the grill. Each dish comes with special care and respect to the customer in spite of the times that the sloppy and poor quality of raw materials is everywhere. Besides, the kitchen is open to visitors, who can watch Mrs. Elpida prepare the Corfiot recipes with taste, such as sofrito, pastitsada, bourdeto, moussaka in clay, stuffed, keftedekia, Corfu sausage and much more! Paradosiakon, is a constant and exceptional choice. The eighty (80) years of its continuous operation prooves it, as well as the prize and the certification of the Region of Ionian Islands and the CC with EXCELLENT QUALITY / BEST QUALITY. We are waiting to take you on a tasting journey through a quality & rich gastronomic experience, coming from the tradition of Corfu!
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Came here on my own wanting a Greek snack and fast wifi to catch up with people back home. Very friendly, good local fare and nice Greek feel. Highly recommend.

2  Thank Jessica W

Reviewed 14 May 2013

When we came to this restaurant ,we tried Corfu specialities and Greek wine!!all the food it was really good and the service was very friendly!!I i recommend it unreservedly!!!

2  Thank Tom00012
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This restaurant is along a lovely street just next to the 'New Fort' in Corfu Town. It has many others close by, but when we were in a very nice ceramics shop at the top of the street, I asked which of the restaurants he would recommend. 'The one with the green chairs' he said, 'this is the best traditional food'. So we tried To Paradosiakon. It was extremely busy as it was Easter Saturday but we were quickly seated and a two glasses of excellent red and rose were delivered, when the owner took our food order he did warn of that there may be a little wait, a good touch I thought. In fact the setting, the wine etc meant that we did not feel like the food took long at all. Excellent squid, salad and souvalki. The bill was very reasonable for Corfu Town. We jumped into a cab back out of town very contented.....only to realise that we had left our shopping bag with camera back at the restaurant!!!! No worries, they had looked after it for us and was retrived with no problem. All round great and friendly service.

1  Thank Jessandpaul_11
Reviewed 2 May 2013

The friendly people who run this establishment are justifiably proud of their food. We stopped for lunch and enjoyed Giouvetsi and Pastistada both cooked to order and of the highest quality, with a carafe of very good local red wine. Excellent service with great hosts and worth a visit when in Corfu Town

3  Thank Crabby72
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Eat here if you want a Fawlty Towers experience. My partner and I ate here for my birthday dinner and it was the worst meal experience we had our entire trip.
We chose the mixed mezze which at €30 seemed expensive but when Gregory the owner explained we would be getting a small amount of all the starters, it seemed a great choice. So imagine our surprise when a plate of 2 burgers, 2 sausages and a mound of chips came out! especially with me being a non-meat eater! and hidden under the chips was loads of old, dry kebab meat. The only thing on the plate apart from the chips I was able to eat was a smidgen of tzatziki which was the only authentic Greek thing on the plate. I had to order some dolmades in order to have something to eat, which when we got the bill he had charged us extra for despite the fact that really they should have been included in the mezze. The other rip off here as well as the food is the wine. We specifically asked for house white wine and he brought 2 bottles out for us to decide if we wanted the dry or extra dry, we chose the extra dry. We got the bill and he had charged us €25 for what was supposed to be a house wine! Oh and I nearly forgot, to add insult to injury when we got the bill he had also overcharged us for the mezze, I had to point out that the menu said €30 not €35. When we got the bill and complained about the meal and the price he suddenly changed from the owner of the restaurant to just a waiter! and completely blamed the kitchen for everything and made no effort to deduct any money from our bill (I deducted the €5 myself and needless to say he didn't get a tip).
Gregory should find a new vocation, whilst the burger and sausages were O.K it wasn't what we ordered. This is a truly awful restaurant, Gregory is a terrible host, he stood like a sentry pretty much our entire meal watching us eat, which was pretty unnerving. Do not waste your time and money here. Gregory is at best delusional and at worst dishonest, don't do it! The fact no-one else was eating there should have been the clue.

4  Thank Thewanderingwinos