“Lovely Taverna”

Ranked #49 of 226 Restaurants in Corfu Town
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Taverna Alexakis is a traditional Greek taverna with great local food, beer and wine. Most of the menu consists of food made in the grill varying from meat to fish and other seafood, but there also are local cooked meals that may differ from day to day. The local beer is in the top three in the world and the best in Europe as of 2013 for those who appreciate a good cold beers and an once in a lifetime experience to taste The atmosphere is warm and welcoming the personel is friendly and helpful and the view is magnificent. The taverna itself is located inside a park making it an ideal place for your kids to play safely and within eyesight. A playground is also located nearby (about 100 meters away) for a little older kids who can play without supervision
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had a lovely meal while visiting Corfu...we were staying at the Mayor Mon Repos hotel which is a few minutes walk. The Mussaka was delicious ..the sweet was an orange cake which was on the house!! The owner greeted everyone with a handshake and his staff of two were very pleasant and spoke English. Definatley recommend..

1  Thank jean h

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Busy and buzzy, but with great food - this place is popular for a reason. Enjoyed a lovely family dinner on our recent holiday to Corfu. Recommended.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Bad food, really dull staff, not helpful. Oily everything and the bill was just excessive. Not to mention that they charge 1 euro per slice of bread and cheated us royally about 30 euros which we just refused to pay. No real receipt given, just a hand written one. We left the money for what we really had and departed that terrible place. Never again....

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I felt I'd made the right choice amongst the many tavernas on this road. The waitress was really friendly and helpful and there is a view of the old fort across the bay through the trees. I chose prawn sakanaki as my main which was really tasty. Olives were served as a free starter, bread and at the end water melon ( which other local restaurants hadn't offered), These little extra touches and the friendliness made a difference. The next day I hadn't much time before my flight and again the waitress was very helpful in telling me which meals could be prepared quickly, as well as giving me a tip on the best way to drink ouzo!!!

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Just the best place to eat I visit this summer in corfu service was excellent and the food amazing ....